Update! Now on TornTools!
You can now get FF Scouter using TornTools - no need for a userscript anymore! TornPDA users will still need to use the userscript until an alternative comes along.
This is because I'm preparing to quit torn and I wanted to make sure the community is still supported during my absence. Integrating it into TornTools (via TornPal) made the most sense. We're hoping that someone will volunteer to support this project for TornPDA users - I'll update this post when that happens
See the announcement here: TornPal
FF (Fair Fight) Scouter
Get an accurate measure of how difficult a fight will be!
Install link:
https://rdacted2.github.io/fair_fight_scouter/
Works with TornPDA!
Discord: https://discord.gg/NGXJzvn2aZ
How it works:
Every fight contains a fair-fight value which represents how difficult the fight was - or more accurately, the ratio of how strong the defender was in relation to the attacker. (more info here: https://wiki.torn.com/wiki/Chain#Fair_fights)
However this score can be used to determine the strength of one opponent if we already know the strength of the other opponent. And it's very accurate.
I've been building a database of the battle scores of various individuals for about a year now, monitoring the attacks of several factions. I'm now ready to open this tool up to the world so that everyone can benefit (and contribute!) to it.
After installing FF Scouter you'll get a Fair-Fight (FF) value for your opponent. As a rule of thumb you should consider a value of 3.0 to be a great target, and anyone below that will be easy, anyone above will be hard.
The following table should give you a feel for how difficult a fight will be when given an FF value
1.0: Extremely easy
2.0: Easy
2.5-3.5: Moderately difficult
3.5-4.5: Difficult
4.5+: May be impossible
As a point of reference, anyone with 3.66 has a battle score equal to your battle score. Also Duke mission targets are typically in the 4.0-4.5 range (at least, for me)
This value has been calculated by an attack your opponent was in previously - so if the attack was recent, or if your opponent has been idle since that attack, then the FF value will be very precise.
Sometimes you'll encounter people without an FF value - that means I don't have their details in my database! There are two ways to get their info in my database
- You could attack them and win
- They could attack you and win (non stealthed)
In either event their details will be added into my database within a couple of hours. What better way to get revenge for being attacked than to put their battle score in a database that feeds their information to everyone?
How much does this cost?
It's free! The database works best when more people are feeding it attacks, so to maximise adoption it is entirely free.
You can get more details of the script, as well as instructions for installing it at the GitHub page https://github.com/rDacted2/fair_fight_scouter
EXTRAS
Also, for the duration of Halloween I've generated lists of 10,000 inactive people in Torn! There are 150 lists in total, and everyone is allocated one randomly - so there's a very high chance you'll be able to find plenty of targets in this list to smash for those sweet treats.
But wait, there's more. I also have a temporary feature that lets you generate a short chain list for yourself. It'll give you 10 idle targets that are as close to 3.0FF without going under. This is just to give you a sample the chain lists that I can generate for you.
Both of these extras can be found in the 'FF Scouter Extras' menu option below the 'Settings' menu option under your profile pic on the top right of the page.
If you want fight estimates for targets that aren't yet in my database, then I recommend BSP by TDup
And if you like this concept but don't want to use my implementation then you may want to consider using Mavri's implementation instead!
Are you looking for my Stealth-Attacker, Anon Bounty reveal service? You can find all the information about that here
Mentions: [Retired] Torn Spies Central · [Script] BSP - Battle Stats Predictor · I can reveal muggers - rDacteds rStricted Services · TornPal - Data Aggregation and Tools