Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Forever single

Started by Hector-Barbossa [3429758] on in General Non-related.

8 replies · 247 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 9 / 9 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
9
Discussion span
→
People posting
9
Likes on archived posts
8
Authority score
19 / 100
Historical score
22 / 100
Story score
41 / 100
Engagement score
53 / 100
__Sslash [2863035]

I choose to be single because I'm enjoying all those free personal time that I can do basically anything, I can say fk it and go out to the woods and camp for the night, without someone saying "No, not gonna happen, thats too dangerous"

 

You are single because you first, don't have the charisma that I have. Second, you don't have the social skills and instantly studders when a female (or male, no shameing) talks to you, plus than you never engage them actively. Third, you are a horny bastard that the hornyness is showing on you face, you think you looks like a f**k boy but all you are is a pervert that looks no better than a druggy. Last, you are trying to pretend you got high self-esteem, while you have to make a post to cope that everyone is like you. 

 

We are not the same

EverleighRaven [2949890]

I am single because I do not have the proper maturity or the social skills needed to be in healthy relationships, and also I do not wnat to deal with the drama (I've seen plenty of that with my friends, and their relationships aren't exactly stable, and no offense, but I don't really want that in my life at this point), and if our emotions are tied into it, things can get very complicated and confusing really quickly, and I don't kbnow how to navinate that, and I want to avoid the potential hurt feeling and heartbreaks that comes with being in a relationship, because things likley won'yt last forever, and neither do I want to subject those things to someone that I deeply care about, or even love.  Like I have already lost good friends before due to unrequited love, where they wanted to date me but I just wanted to be friends, and things don't usually end up well for the friendship, and I don't want to lose any more friends.  I know I can't please everybody, but I just want to be friends with everyone (and even that is difficult for me, to make friends irl, because of my bad hygeine, my bad social skills, (I think both because of my autism), and me getting intrusive thoughts about other people, that do bother me, so most of my friends right now are online friends, either form Torn or from osu!), to not feel lonely, even though it is not ideal, and also because friendships are probably simpler and "lighter", and probably less emotionally-intense than being in a relationship, which (hopefully) means less stress and drama in my life,  and also I get to have a lot of friends, while in serious relatonships, you usually have to commit to one person, or a few people, but not a lot.  Also another thing why I don't wanna be in relationships is no offense but I find kissing and making out to be kinda gross, and you usualy do that in relationships, so no thanks.  But I am single, and (mostly) happy, and I think that is all that matters. =)

ElectronBear [3436268]

I've read your stories above and I can relate. 

I've been single for 18 years now and the longer I'm single the more I enjoy it. The absolute freedom of doing what I want; coming and going, the money that I earn with my business is my own and I can spend it wherever I want; even here on TORN if I feel like buying a few donator packs!

 

My fiance 18 years ago tried to seduce my own father while she was pregnant with my child. When I found out about this I chased her away because she was living with me. I sent her back to her mother and she tried to commit suicide which was unsuccessful, and I still refused to take her back. So she decided to spite me and go for an abortion. That hurt me a lot because we already knew that she was expecting a girl and I was very much looking forward to meeting my daughter. 

 

Besides my own experience, all three of my siblings had been married and divorced. Divorce is one hell of a mess! 

 

So for me the single life is fantastic! I do business during the day and come home at night to play games or watch movies and maybe have a few beers.

 

Lelari [3448410]

I've been single for 20 years and it was rough the first half but now I can't imagine NOT being single. I'm pretty selfish with my time and VERY fickle and easily distracted and A.) it wouldn't be fair to someone else if I was to get into a relationship knowing full well that I wouldn't give them the time and attention they deserve, and B.) My tastes and attractions change almost annually and I would not want to be tied down to someone and having the constant anxiety of knowing in the back of my head that my interest would most certainly fade and I would have to hurt their feelings eventually.

 

There's absolutely nothing wrong with being single, but I can definitely understand the loneliness that comes with it, especially for folks in their teens and twenties. Just don't beat yourself up thinking it's something you HAVE to have: some of the happiest people I know have been single their entire lives and a lot of the most miserable people are married. 

Gesho [2450653]

I'm single because i have to overcome anxiety and need a career first. Was in a relationship a year ago but that didn't really help with my anxiety. Plus how can i even date when everyone at home asks me for my time, and the slightest sign of a suitor i see them overreact. Why the f does my relatives makes my relationship their spectacle and wants to put their opinions about how my relationship should be? I'll just find a way to move out and live on my own. Sometimes being single is the better option. Too much responsibility can burn out people. 

Corvis [2331260]

I was a widower at the age of 28, and was divorced after a horrible marriage that lasted over 25 years. Never again.