I've never made a post feeling I didn't have anything useful to add. But I think my experience these last few months have been such that I'd like to share.
I was inactive for over 1200ish days roughly and was pulled back by another irl friend as he wanted me to play. I was accepted into a psf, and started making some money and I was accepted by good people into a faction (not my friends, much to his dismay lol)
In just a few months these people became good friends, and helped me want to log into torn. This brings me to my first peice of advice. Find your place. It doesn't take much for someone to take a chance on you, especially in torn. Find a squad, a company, a faction, anything. And get to know these guys, they will both help you grow, and teach you along the way. Super important
Next, and I can't stress this enough, use all and any information on your growth as possible. I hated torn stats, and other similar places because it seemed complicated and I've never needed a companion app. Don't allow your ego to ruin tools that can really make or break your planning for growth and moneymaking ops.
Lastly, people are going to let you down. This is a tough one to swallow *sigh* it always is. You can find someone that seems active and their head is in the game and the next day they are gone. It's part of torn and I'd rather yall read it here then to have to learn the hard way.
TL;DR
Find friends. This is key, first and foremost
Use all and any tools at your disposal within rules of course -_- no cheating yall
People will let you down. Rip this bandaid off now! It sucks, but it's true
I'm sure I'll add more as I think of things, but it's 2am, and I don't expect my first post to gather much attention anyway
As an afterthought to anyone with alot of inactivity like my own, be sure to upgrade to crimes 2.0 *sigh* I wish someone had told me this when I came back so, that's my afterthoughts so far