Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Dark Mode Auto On

Started by mutley [588278] Moderator on in Bugs & Issues.

18 replies · 258 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 19 / 19 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
19
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
8
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
17
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
42 / 100
Story score
45 / 100
Engagement score
59 / 100

Most-liked replies

mutley [588278] Moderator Official

Experienced a strange issue 3-4 times within the past week, one was within the last 10 minutes when I opened Torn. 

 

Dark mode has been enabling itself. Seems to occur on a new browser session after completing Cloudfare validation (I use a VPN so I have to validate quite often).

 

I never use Dark Mode with Torn because I dislike it personally. However, I do use dark mode as a system theme. Nothing has changed on my end in regard to my system or browser. (Firefox 129.0.2). 

 

Could well be an issue my end, but maybe somehow it is using my system default theme to try and set Darkmode within my the browser? I'm not sure if Torn is coded to do this? 

 

Just wondered if this has happened to anybody else.

Madz [2035318]

i've noticed it aswell a few times, i'll pay more attention about it if any additional information can be added

mavri [2402357]

It’s enabling dark mode based on your default system theme, yes, it was announced in the last patch notes I believe. 

mutley [588278] Moderator Official

You're right, thank you mavri.

 

Ched:
'- Enabled automatic Dark Mode upon first visit to Torn if browser is set to dark mode'

 

Being a dev myself I love Dark mode on anything, however, Torn's dark mode is not pleasing to the eye at all, and I have always disabled it. 

 

Personally, I think this functionality should be reconsidered. It may be worth getting some community feedback on this feature as I'm already finding it annoying.

 

Cheers

~mutley

Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

Dark mode should only be applied if there's not already a cookie present, I'm not sure what's causing this.
I'll pass this along to Yevhen to see if he has any ideas.

mutley [588278] Moderator Official

Update: 

Still occuring, just happened randomly after a refresh within the same browser session

eugeni [2972386] Admin Staff

Hello mutley,


Sorry for delaying. Could you please check the state of cookie "darkModeEnabled" in your browser? Also, I would be appreciate for screenshot of your cookie. And it will be awesome if you additionally check the cookie once the bug repeated.

 

I am attaching the example of screenshot of how the cookie should look:

mutley [588278] Moderator Official

Hi eugeni,

Here is the current darkModeEnabled cookie status: 

 

[image: i.ibb.co]

 

Next time it occurs I will check the status of the cookie again before and after refreshing or changing my preferences and provide you that additional screenshot. 

Cheers,
-mutley

eugeni [2972386] Admin Staff

Do you remember if it happens on different pages? Maybe on some pages it more often happens, but on some other pages it never happens?

mutley [588278] Moderator Official

It has been the home page, every time. Last happened around 3 days ago, I will post again here next time it happens with as many details as possible.

eugeni [2972386] Admin Staff

How much extensions do you have in browser? Do you use any related to Torn? Could you please share the list of them?

 

Is it possible to play Torn for some time in another browser? or probably in fresh Firefox? (probably under separate profile)