Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

MLB 2024

Started by Corellion [3175559] on in Sports.

116 replies · 914 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 117 / 117 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

--Angel-- [212744]

That’s awesome you got to Oakland before it was too late. I remember years ago going to an A’s game was so different and watching the Colosseum become what it became was just sad. 

The giants stadium is one of my favs… but mostly because it was modeled after Fenway… walking around during a giants game over looking the bay is amazing. 

Dodgers stadium is one of my all time favs. Love the throw back feel. I’m excited for you that you got to see Shohei ! 

Anaheim is meh to me lol 


I highly recommend a visit a to Truist in Atlanta I’ve been a couple times now and I will never be a Braves fan but I do love the chop Chant lol 

 

I’ve been to quite a few parks but not close to all but that is definitely a goal!!!

 

The park no other has beat though for me is Fenway. I dont think any park will though Fenway has too many memories for me with my dad :) and it’s where my love of baseball began. 

I hope you get to them all!!!

 

 

also best time of year now!!! October baseball! Go Dodgers!!!!

 

 

AgntOrngRuffy [3268335]

Any Royals fans here? I personally think Kauffman Stadium is the greatest place on Earth, but I've also been to Busch Stadium, which is really classy despite the team. And I watched the Twins play as a child in the old HHH Dome, which is notorious for being an absolute dump park, and it was. Like someone put a baseball diamond inside a blimp and forgot to hire custodians. 

Necess [3191404]

Any Royals fans here? 

 

This is going to sound really lame, but outside of being fans of the Dodgers and Angels (due to being close to both of them), I'm a casual fan of the following franchises, largely because my player got drafted to them in Road to The Show when I played on difficulties above beginner.

 

  • Rockies
  • Marlins

 

I'm also a casual fan of the White Sox, almost entirely because of Eddie Cicotte being one of the credited inventors of the knuckleball. In fact, Eddie Cicotte is one of my favorite choices as a custom player in Road to the Show (I've made Eddie Cicotte in 3 different iterations of The Show, although I couldn't actually throw knucklers in 21)


Maybe I should create a new player in Road to the Show, and not select a team to draft me? Maybe it'll be the Royals.

Necess [3191404]

Anyone listening to the Brewers in the playoffs?

I could be wrong, but I didn't even hear Uecker in the first few innings. I hope he's okay.

Kajal [2542083]

wish i could have been a fly on the wall when the braves called Smith-Shawver up from Triple A and went "heyyy uh great news lil buddy it looks like we have an opening at starting pitcher tonight"

_7_ [1648788]

Tigers and Royals advancing......pretty cool.  The Braves......we did great to even get into the playoffs.  Sale having a back injury days before he was to pitch is the epitome of this season.  A few records were broke or created by some great players.  It was fun to watch.  We'll be back.  Fried is good as gone and its ok with Braves fan.  He's on the wrong side of 30 and looking for a huge contract.  Buyers be aware....historically and tonight, sucks in the playoffs.  

 

It's been a fun season outside of ATL.  I'm thankful that I was able to scratch off the bucket list with watching my first Braves/Dodgers game with a person I love.  It was their first game so that was cool.

 

With a MVP and runner up for Cy Young last year getting hurt early in the season sucked, but for us to reach the playoffs is far beyond what I was hoping for

 

Ya'll enjoy the playoffs as will I.  See ya next spring!!!

Necess [3191404]

Do you think the Braves could've pushed the wild card to a Game 3 without the hurricane pushing Games 161-162 into a double header?

 

I'm super excited about the Brewers pushing to a Game 3 the way that they did.

Necess [3191404]

I'm listening to the Brewers game 3...I hear Uecker, hooray!

 

EDIT: Dangit. Back to back jacks on Uecker's off innings. Would have been great to hear Uecker call those.

Necess [3191404]

So, who d'yall think is going to the World Series?

I realize I should've asked this before the Wild Card series, but I always ask later than I should.


Before the Wild Card Series, and even tho I'm a doyers fan, I picked the Tigers and the Padres to go to the World Series, because both of them are hot right now.

 

I'm hoping that the Doyers will cool off the Padres, but I suspect not. :(

_7_ [1648788]

I think the Braves played 3 games in 36 hours.  That's tough for any team.  I wont blame the hurricane, especially that very same hurricane has literally destroyed towns and roads close to me.  If we were healthy all year long, I believe we wouldn't have been playing in a wild card game.  We would have one of if not the best record like last year ;)  For you to listen to a game, I love it!!  That's awesome. Hopefully the Brewers can knock out the Mets

_7_ [1648788]

Padres look good lol.  To answer your WS predictions....I'm going with Royals vs Padres due to two of my childhood idols played for each team.  Tony Gwynn and my absolute #1......Bo Jackson

Necess [3191404]

Hopefully the Brewers can knock out the Mets

 

Whoompwhoompwhoomp.

 

If I had to pick two teams that I want to make it to the World Series, it would be the two teams that Kirk Gibson won World Series with, the Tigers and the Doyers.

Swayy [1578816]

All of you have a funny way of saying that the Yankees are winning the World Series because let’s be honest. The Yankees are winning the World Series 

_7_ [1648788]

I'll give you a 100 mil if the Yankees win. ;)  Royals will have something for them.  Bobby Witt Jr.....remember the name.  Hit me up....we are hardly ever on at the same time lol

Swayy [1578816]

Man, I know my Yankees love to choke in October so I wouldn’t be surprised. Bobby Witt jr is definitely very good especially this year. I just don’t think the royals will have enough in them to overcome that Yankees batting lineup when it’s going (an hopefully it’s going)