Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Harassment.

Started by LastRightz [3394709] on in Graveyard.

66 replies · 774 views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 67 / 67 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
67
Discussion span
→
Authority score
42 / 100
Historical score
29 / 100
Story score
65 / 100
Engagement score
78 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

LastRightz [3394709] ×1

LastRightz [3394709]

It's a crime game, let's all have fun with it!  That's being said, how much is too much in regards to targeting a player. Like a few days, few weeks few months, no limit?  Like a higher player can completely cripple a lower players progression and ultimately be the reason they decide to move into a different game. Nobody wants to be mugged every time the turn the game on by the same person.   

 

You can be reported on and get warnings for the silliest insults even though a person has the option to mute or ignore you.  A person does not have the option to mute or ignore constant attacks and being targeted for no reason.  If this happens to a person is the only advice just to suck it up and hopefully they one day stop?  I

 

I'm ready to quit the game because some dude won't leave me alone. Tried everything in my power and he just won't leave me alone. Ruining the game completely for me.  Not sure if torn staff care or not.. not sure what to do at this point 

Kwack [2190604]

Most of them are just attention seekers and by doing "everything in your power" you're just granting them more. These people just want a reaction out of you....

 

Harassment is only when it extends into the real world. Constantly attacking someone because of a real world sexuality/race/etc = harassment. Attacking someone constantly because they irritate you is fair game. 

 

You've gotta learn how to play whilst in hosp, it's really not that bad...

LastRightz [3394709]

I guess it's all relative to how often you are able to play. When you work a full time job, take care of 3 kids and a dog, free times becomes extremely limited. Jumping on and trying to buy cheap items all to have profits stolen from you, Everytime you log on your in the hospital. As a rookie player, it's absolutely crippling. Takes me forever to make a million. I'm working 10 hours days, I'm not able to just fly and check in every few hours. Thank you for your opinion and thoughts. I appreciate all and any 

LastRightz [3394709]

I will agree that the word "crippling" maybe rather strong.  This dude TEHfenz has just managed to suck fun out of what is an awesome game. I've been mugged hundreds of times by other people, doesn't bother me. It's getting targeted. I've been playing for just over a month. Met this guy like 2 weeks ago or less. 61 times is a lot. If that's what he's done. Plus his spouse. How ever many times she's got me.  That's a lot.  

Ohadik [424017] Wiki Contributor

Hundreds of times? As undo pointed out you've been attacked 61 times since your account began. 

 

And when you say you met this guy that throws instant red flags into the air. What did you do or say that started his lashing out against you?

 

He's attacked you a seemingly 45 times in 2 weeks. Is it a lot? Not by any standard at all. That's actually an extremely manageable load. Break it down it's roughly 3 attacks a day. And in that same timeframe you've repeatedly placed bounties on them, 10 of which were today. And you want it to stop? You're bountying your attacker just giving him even more incentive to attack you even more. 

 

Pro-tip: If you can't take the heat, stay the hell out of the forums, and most definitely stop instigating the violence. You're making things worse for yourself. All you've done here is make yourself look like a whiner who's dishing it out, but can't handle getting it back. Your attacker will probably see this post and keep attacking you more due to the fact they know they are getting to you. 

 

Edit: Looks like the attacker beat me to the post button... 

Serai [3312836]

See bud you could have just quit but now you've got yourself on blast in the forums, and it just doesn't look good for you. 

Viciously_Grim [2752611]

I want to downvote this because this is gross but I also want to up vote it for telling the truth.  Did you report LastRightz?  You can report your own profile if the messages are sent in chat and aren't reportable fyi.  This should be reported.  Someone said similar things to me and got a Warning.

Viciously_Grim [2752611]

Suddenly having visions of someone coming in and making this post about them.  I'm half asleep rn and I hope I have some whacky dream about it.

 

😴