Same ugh!
Scamming error
Started by PurpleFire [2868362] Committee on in Bugs & Issues.
Posts archived: 76 / 76 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
I'm having same issue with the Scamming Crime.
Whenever I click on it to do the crime, it says “Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'barStates')”
Little to add but another case.
Started 10h ago, but all the education courses (probably the psy one is the relevant one).
Happens across browsers and devices.
same same
Has now changed to
Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'hesitationEnd')
Instead of the 'barStates' earlier
Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'new')
My issue shows this in scamming crime
I'm having the same problem.
Still happ'nin
Using Chrome. Tried blasting cookies, etc. still going.
stating - undefined is not an object (evaluating 'h.new')
i am receiving the same here.
There is a typing error in the code. Each scamming target contains an internal "subID" field, which is a hexadecimal string. However, if the field consists only of digits, it is mistakenly converted to a number instead of being retained as a string.
Below is a simple userscript to correct this issue.
Disclaimer: This is a temporary workaround and not an official solution. It has not been thoroughly tested, so please use it at your own risk.
Edit: I don't know how to post code with correct formatting here. I will post it on greasyfork instead.
Edit 2: I've uploaded it to greasyfork and posted it here: https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=67&t=16424573
Mentions: [Script] Workaround for the scamming bug
oh, it's this one again. happens every crime i think :D
Now it says
''h is undefined''
That's right, the root cause was indeed numeric instance IDs, which then fail to compare against the expected string type.
We just pushed the fix.
I checked your account specifically, the issue is fixed. If it doesn't work for you, please try clearing cache.