Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Small powers ?

Started by Seven8Nine [2038061] on in Science.

10 replies · 122 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 11 / 11 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
11
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
0
Authority score
7 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
28 / 100
Engagement score
47 / 100
Seven8Nine [2038061]

PowerSET_EnJnDeSIgn2024
        It’s interesting to hear that you’re using
        a smaller version of dice to increase
        randomness. The concept of a power set,
        which is the set of all subsets of a set,
        including the empty set and the set
        itself, can indeed be used in the context
        of probability and randomness. For
        example, if you have a set of dice
        outcomes, the power set would include all
        possible combinations of those outcomes.
        In mathematical terms, if ( S ) is a set
    with ( n ) elements, then the power set
    of ( S ) would have ( 2^n ) elements,
    representing all the possible
    combinations. Here’s how it looks in a
    formula:
            P(S)=2n
    Where ( P(S) ) is the power set of ( S ),
    and ( n ) is the number of elements in
    set ( S ).
    Smaller dice could theoretically offer
    more random outcomes due to their size
    and the way they interact with the
    surface they’re rolled on. It’s a
    clever approach to randomness in games
    or simulations! If you need any further
    assistance with probability, randomness,
    or any other topic, feel free to ask.
    Happy rolling! 🎲

I Haven't worked this into a coded floating subroutine yet, but I have it jury rigged for my software. Should be easy to plug into something like random seed call, but I don"t have that because my rollers randomize my seed for me and I don't need the random seed call subroutine, bad ass as Turing is...

 

Now that people who don't know what they are talking about want to talk about real dice even though this is code, for relevance my code to select the random locations of numbers in rollers I used real small powers D&D dice as random location of numbers is important for randomness gen. It also helps randomize, and getting hard random numbers or in my case proximate hard random numbers is not easy too do. Most people can't even recognize a hard  number or even know what they are!

Jaxtra [2658631]

Smaller dice will likely be less accurate, which would mean worse randomness. Even the best of dice are not truly random. Also, wear and tear would affect smaller dice to a bigger degree.

 

You can't simulate this, if you want to test this theory, you have to roll physical dice. Probably millions of times.

 

Seven8Nine [2038061]

I don't know what you mean by less accurate, that seam like the wrong word... if you read the power set that I use in my floating subroutine by calculating n as the total sides in my software. You will see that this easy equation can be possibly used in something like A. Turing's  random seed call subroutine, I say possibly because I don't use such things as I, like the floating subroutine, I randomize the seed with D&D dice programs in the same location as the software I want to use.

Jaxtra [2658631]

I am talking about physical dice. If you use simulated dice, then it will be different, because simulated dice can never behave the same way as physical dice (because chaos theory and imperfections).

 

I don't see how dice size could change randomness, it of course changes the distribution, but that's not randomness. Do you have a reference for your hypothesis?



Seven8Nine [2038061]

it's an equation for randomness software but it's based off  real D&D dice that are smaller, and people that play that game will know what I'm talking about. It's a thing that people who play D&D have noticed and obviously you have no experience in that at all...  You don't know what your talking about and no nothing about randomness. Do you even statistics math? no your talking about some theorist that is not even talking about randomness in the first place. Show me some math that shows the size of the dice has no effect on randomness..... I have done lot's of research on randomness whit the A.I and it's in my repository from the link on my profile, Where is YOUR research with and on randomness? And I don't appreciate your assumptions, putting words in my mouth and such. Remember  what you think from my words says more about you then me as they are just words and empty.... 

Jaxtra [2658631]

Funny, I've played DND since the early 90s and I have no idea what you are talking about, but I think there is no point in continuing a discussion with someone that thinks doing research "whit the AI" is how you prove a hypothesis. Also, just for clarity, when you make a statement, you're the one that has to prove it, I don't have to prove you are wrong, that's not how math and science works.

Also, if you're just here to insult people, then please move along.