Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Game or Second Life ?

Started by Kruds [3202386] on in General Discussion.

42 replies · 867 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 43 / 43 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
43
Discussion span
→
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
35 / 100
Story score
60 / 100
Engagement score
74 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Kruds [3202386]

My brother told me about Torn about 8 months ago. I thought this game was just another generic crime simulator, but I was wrong.

Eight months have passed, and not a single day has gone by without logging into Torn. I feel like Torn is my second life, and it has even replaced my screen time on social media with reading Torn forums.

So what do you all think? Do you agree that Torn is just a game, or is it more than that?

Pat [2638276]

yeah Torn is way more than just a simple crime game. It's been one of the best communities I've found to be a part of online, genuinely :)

Kruds [3202386]

It's all about a second life, meaning I was imagining Morgan Freeman having another second life.

Kruds [3202386]

Well, I tried to think about it too, but every second I’m thinking about managing money in Torn, creating strategies to build wealth in Torn, and socializing with people in Torn. It made me feel like I really have a second life.

Ich-bin [2051567]

I usually describe Torn as an alter ego life or second life; if you had another life, what would you be whenever I try to get my friends to play haha

Filthy_GrincH [2605359]

Isn't that the point of any games ? Finding enjoyement in an made up alternative life ?

 

And then yes... there are other real poeple playing the game... it's online so it has communities....

Sorry to be a party pooper but I believe you're just being super romantic and/or hoping for some fanboys' karma/gift.

 

 

 

 

Kruds [3202386]

Communities are built really well by developers, staff, player committees, and the players themselves. I’ve had a great experience making, creating, and using my creativity to contribute while Torn paid me real money for what I’ve done. Karma is a bonus, but communicating and engaging with people who share the same feelings or even those who don’t is my main goal.

Mong [3401450]

I agree I'm only 2 months in and I love it.my faction is friendly and full of good advice and I've met some decent people so far. I'm not all that smart so it's nice to have something I actually have to use my brain for. Some people are bitter. You don't sound like a fanboy at all just someone who's found another bit of joy and you should enjoy it mate like I will.