Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Goodbye Bazaar

Started by Bxllis [3232000] on in General Discussion.

41 replies · 1.25k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 42 / 42 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
42
Discussion span
→
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
30 / 100
Story score
61 / 100
Engagement score
76 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Bxllis [3232000]

I’m probably missing something here but this new Item Market basically kills Bazaars, right?

 

Item Market is overpriced, hence people had to buy Bazaars to sell (thanks, cost a lot of points) and now with Item Market 2.0 the Bazaars are essentially hidden away and require outreach and promotion to sell (which is going to ruin the Trading Forums and the Trade Channel even more than they are now)

 

I wasted 250 points getting a Bazaar (many months ago now) and I don’t really get the point of me keeping one - so this is a farewell to my Bazaar and my easy Plushie sales. 

I’ll spend some time figuring out how I can market my offerings more but sounds like everyone else is doing the same thing! 

Bluemojo [2636703]

Give it a few days to get used to. Also: halloweek starts Friday. If there is any event to makeoney from, its halloween ( and after that Christmas Town a few weeks later) youll get there!

rAtAplAn [2110765]

Key word is easy when you talk about offloading.

 

Cheds idea is you'll have to make an effort and find customers yourself instead of just putting it in your bazaar.

 

Right now I hate it, but only time will tell. Prices might need some time to settle as well, who knows where it ends. 

Bxllis [3232000]

I did wonder this but I think I need to spend this event levelling up my basket instead of getting rewards (unless I can do both?)

EigenGrau [3278579]

Time is going to prove that third party sites are mandatory for navigating bazaars.

 

"Finding customers" manually is unrealistic. Its a full-time job for both traders and customers.

SDTI [3250742]

I like it. Anything that makes the game hard and unfun means I can try to live a real life in the human world instead of playing this game. Maybe today I'll hike and picnic instead of flying and listing plushies on my bazaar!

CyberVitals [2874431]

So either pay taxes on my plushie runs, or spend the time to find customers? f**k that. This update is almost as bad as the points update. I don't care for the new layout in the market either, the single good part of the update is the search options. Everything is just terrible.

ChillySpunc [1905415]

Pay a tax on your ridiculously high profit margin plushies or put in a bit of effort to find a customer for your bazaar. You're making money from practically nothing either way so stop complaining. 

 

Too many people here bitching about a bit of effort, if you don't want to put the effort in, guess what, the item market is there. Also guess what, there is now less incentive to pump out plushies and flowers and have a trader instantly buy them when everyone is undercutting each other rather than selling to traders and getting full price. 

SoupOrNoob [2867039]

So bazaars are pointless unless you want a full time job advertising?

 

F that. If I wanted to spend that much time and effort doing exactly that, I would open a drop-ship Amazon store and make real money instead.

 

Edit to add:

Why do games always want to include things that are mundane boring chores mimicking real life? We play games to escape from real life.

ChillySpunc [1905415]

Clearly Torn is full of people who've never actually played MMORPGs. The whole idea is that you socialise and trade with people, otherwise you just throw items on the market and wait for them to sell.

 

If you're not willing to put in the effort you don't deserve to make money the same way as those who are.

 

Ched asked us what sort of game we wanted, we said hardcore, that's what we're getting. Don't like it, stop playing.

Lunette [1493108]

The Bazaar "update" is definitely not what I wanted. I guess the new search parameters in item market is OK, but this kills Bazaars, at least for me. :|

Tarzan [2753285]

don't forget, they ban for spamming chat. They ban for scripting chat. Just give up on advertising in Torn. It overloads their very sensitive cloud servers. Put everything off game like in discord so you will be safe.