Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Bottlecap Appreciation Post

Started by Jade [2659001] on in General Discussion.

32 replies · 1.05k views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 33 / 33 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
33
Discussion span
→
Authority score
39 / 100
Historical score
27 / 100
Story score
59 / 100
Engagement score
74 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Jade [2659001]

A Heartfelt Thank You to This Amazing Community

I am truly blown away by the generosity of folks in this community. I’m keeping names anonymous, unless anyone wishes to identify themselves, but over the past few days, I have been absolutely bombarded with bottlecap donations. It’s left me feeling incredibly grateful and touched *wink wink*.

 

It all started when I reached out to a trader to buy a large volume of caps. I’m a huge Fallout fan—especially when it comes to Dogmeat(s)! During our conversation, I shared my reasons for collecting caps. I know it might seem unusual, but after dealing with some serious health concerns over the past year, I’ve found meaning in gathering this collection to leave as a small legacy for my factionmates. Somehow, the trader shared my story, and ever since, the donations haven’t stopped.

 

While I’m beyond grateful for the caps themselves, what I truly want to recognize here is the thoughtfulness, kindness, and generosity of each of you. I don’t often socialize outside of my own faction and have spent the last few years fairly introverted. This unexpected outpouring of kindness, especially from strangers, has been heartwarming and, to be honest, a little overwhelming.

 

Earlier this morning, as I sat on my couch reading all the notifications, I actually burst into tears. Seeing people I don’t know—and who don’t know me—going out of their way to send a gift with no expectation of anything in return has been humbling. I tried to respond to each one with a personal thank-you, and I sent out as much xanny as I could afford to those who helped. Now, I just want everyone willing to read this to know how much this experience has uplifted me emotionally.

 

I fully intend to pay this kindness forward, maybe as a forum giveaway or in some other way, to return the love I’ve felt. To the trader who started this and to everyone else who flooded my notifications—thank you. You’ve made a significant difference to me during a time when I really needed it.

 

I love all you wonderful degenerates in Torn. Thank you, and Happy Halloween!

Ember_ash [3107625]

09:53:56 - 25/10/24 You sold 9999x Bottle Cap on the Item Market to Wade for $12,498,750 after $0 in fees.

 

If I had waited 2 days I could have earned 7m more right now.

I had to sell it when I needed money.

Damn

 

Oogie [3079724]

23:31:45 - 26/10/24 You sent 60x Bottle Cap to Jade with the message: Happy Halloween mate!

 

cheers mate. all i had for now, but i'll keep sending them your way if i get any more. hope things start looking up for you!

Grafiti [1557036]

01:48:13 - 27/10/24 You sent 1152x Bottle Cap to Jade with the message: Thanks for brightening my morning with your post :)

mert [2696825]

How is this post formatted so fancy?! Grats on the collection, glad to hear you have been touched by other players 

billysnob [3247026]

Can't wait for the day you get sent a dirty bomb for your fallout collection lmao. Just promise when the bombs fall, you'll remember us traders, because if theres one thing torn has taught me, ranked war, ranked war never changes

Tatsujin [3190375]

Awww this is where all my bottlecaps must have gone the last day or so, I had priced them but didn't seriously think they'd sell at double MSRP.  Hope you enjoy them.  I'll donate any more I find lying around, bottlecaps deserve a good cause and good home.

Jade [2659001]

Hiya, Mert!

I posted it in HTML! Look in the bottom right corner, and you'll see a { } button.

If you’re new to HTML or don’t have a template to work with, here’s a tip: just write what you want to say, and ask ChatGPT to make an HTML version! For example, I wrote out my message, then asked for "HTML with a black background and orange text." I ran it a few times, adjusting as needed, until I got what I wanted.

Once you're happy, press the { } button and paste the HTML here. Easy!


(Also thank you everyone else for your kind replies, except you, 808ALLDAY ;P)