How am I supposed to get like 100 treats when it costs 25 energy to attack and its a low change of getting 1?
Halloween Trick or Treat Guide
Started by IceBlueFire [776] Officer on in Tutorials & Guides.
Posts archived: 670 / 670 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
thank you thread is very informative
i made some further calculations for the effect of revitalize weapons on your total treat outcome as well as your total attacks you are able to do during Halloweek. These are my results:
If you wanna know how i got there , this is how i calculated it:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GoJ1nyCuNw65isqEq0X0HUeF-7bDPZI9cp4L-cx5P1U/edit?gid=0#gid=0
Let me know if i made a mistake! There sure are more clever ways to get to those results, but hey i got bored and just did it the way that came to my mind first.😋
Edit:
I only included petrifying and nightmarish baskets, since i assumed you will want to have a fully upgraded basket before you start to exchange treats.
For those numbers i assumed an initial 1000 attacks. Just like it was done in the Chart of Cheb and SabinevonSteyn
Edit2:
Made a new spreadsheet with percentages, because i found it to be more intuitive.
Mentions: Cheb [876657] · SabinevonSteyn [2616736]
Yes. The only thing that changes when your basket levels up is your chance to get treats, and you can unlock more tiers (up to the 4th tier) of upgrades.
The beginning is really grindy, you just have to commit a lot of energy to get those early treats. Eventually the odds of getting treats gets better and the event gets a lot more fun.
anything over 182 is wasted.
Great guide ofc - the new item market changes borked your direct links if you want to redo those.
dont use revit you lose loads of treats
Someone just said it and I concur, the grind is real. Lol.
This may help put the event in perspective. I was a couple months old last Halloween. I read this amazing guide and quickly realized that this is indeed a multi year event. To get the most out of trading in my treats, I would need to first spend treats to upgrade my basket, and those upgrades better help me get more treats. That is what the tier 1 upgrades do, give you better chances to get treats overall or give you more treats for each successful attack. So the first 250ish treats will go towards tier 1 upgrades.
Now the perspective. I don't even plan to start exchanging treats until my third or even fourth event. Last year, my first year, I started the event with zero plan. I spent more than 100m on energy items. I managed to level up my basket to Terrifying and collected 537 treats on 479 attacks. I spent 271 treats on upgrades.
This year I will spend about 400m with my only goal being to purchase the Shadow of Doubt upgrade which costs a thousand treats.
Hope that helps. Happy gaming.
A question on the chart for Revit comparison.
Does this take into account Tier 1 upgrades or is it purely on the chance of proc'ng revit and proc'ng treats from defeat?
Reason why i'm asking is because Tier 1 upgrades can only proc IF you get candy - that means by using a revit weapon you might get the chance to attack more often but you lose out on the chance of proc'ng Tier 1 upgrades. (It might shift the green area a bit to the right?)
Stupid simple thought process:
Revit: Being lucky and proc revit 3 times in a row, but unlucky and only proc treats 1 time (still only gives 1 opportunity to proc Tier 1 upgrades)
Without revit (scary weapon): Only get 1 attack and will definitely get a treat (still 1 opportunity to proc Tier 1 upgrades)
What's the optimum number of treats to exchange to get the most of your exchange?
I'm not exchanging just yet, but based on the upgrades I'd say as long as your not doing more than 200 at a time when energy is empty to make full use of the +5E upgrade.
And then 2nd to consider is the upgrades Freebie and Cashback and in that case I will keep it in increments of 10 - other than that I don't think there is an optimal amount
I just get attacked by icebluefire after reading this guide.
13:42:08 - 28/10/24 IceBlueFire attacked you sending you to the hospital for 0h 18m [view]
Sorry i accidentally clicked dislike. I was on mobile while reading. I just noticed it when i see log.
It's been said a few times, but with all the appropriate upgrades it's 180 treats with zero waste to get 990e, or 182 treats to get 1k e and wasting 2 treats.
R+
I am at the 7-8 phase, but am a non-druggy... so it may take 2 years.
Thanks for the amazing guide.
Rough Math / A Question
Per torn.report, I'm earning 1.314 treats/attack. 1.582 / SUCCESSFUL attack, so picking targets smartly helps. And, obviously, that includes attacks from early on (before I had all the basket levels/upgrades to increase that rate). Let's assume ~1.5 treats/attack.
Also per torn.report (I've just finally started trading in treats), I'm currently getting ~$840k/treat. Add in Dark Power/Cold Sweat and that's now $840k, 5e, 1n per treat.
Convert attacks-to-treats (so 1.5x everything) and you're talking ~$1.25m, 7.5e, and 1.5n per attack. Attacks are 25e, so all that per 25e, meaning ~$50k, .3e, and 0.06n per energy-spent-attacking in Halloween.
Speaking roughly, looking at where prices generally leveled outside of events (so roughly what you probably paid, assuming you stocked up, and/or what you're giving up by using cans vs. selling them), e-cans and FHCs sold for roughly:
- 5e (8e w fac bonuses) cans: ~$350k (~$43.75k/e at faction-bonus-energy levels)
- 10e (15e) cans: ~$750k (~$50k/e)
- 15e (23e) cans: ~$1.2m (~$52k/e)
- 20e (30e) cans: ~$1.75m (~$58k/e)
- 25e (38e) cans: ~$2.1m (~$55k/e)
- 30e (45e) cans: ~$3.7m (~$82k/e)
- FHCs (150e): ~$12.5m (~83k/e)
If (like me) you're using a book, this math changes further. But am I right that, given those numbers (and even assuming you perfectly used every drop of canned-energy to attack), it seem like using top-end cans and/or FHCs would be money-losing during Halloween (even accounting for the bit of e/nerve you'll also get from your attacks)? E.g., 5 30e cans (which give 45e with faction bonuses) would set you back about $18.5m and give you 225e, or 9 attacks. At ~$1.25m, 7.5e, and 1.5n per attack, you just paid ~$18.5m to get back ~$11.25m in items + 67.5e and 13.5n.
Obviously, the higher-end stuff you pay a premium, as you can pack more total benefit into your booster CD, but does that cancel out a big chunk of your profit margin?
EDIT - A big caveat, if you're still leveling your basket, packing in more attacks (and, thus, more treats) is a further benefit.
https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=2&t=16428038&b=0&a=0. The fracking suspense is killing me.
Why the guide recommended to never upgrade Mortal Coil & Inflation? I saw the top 2 players also have these passive upgrades.
Mortal Coil - Receive 1 treat for free every hour while the Halloween Basket event is active.
A trickle of treats for doing absolutely nothing. 500 1,000
Inflation - The treats in your basket increase by 0.1% per hour while the Halloween Basket event is active.
This covers the rate of Freddo price increases and confectionary shrinkage. 777 1,777
Personally I got mortal coil as eventually it does pay for itself, in something resembling a reasonable time frame.
however for inflation to be worth it, you need at least 1000 treats to give you a Min of one or more candy per hour, and only during Halloween event.
in addition you would be missing out on a lot of energy from exchanging the treats due to Max energy of 1000.
Nevermind that the benefit resets to near zero growth just after you exchanged treats.
If you kept your treats and didn't exchange year after year for potentially decades, it could very well be worth it. Eventually it would be able to produce more than one could get from attacking players.
But that's decades and unlike real life, doesn't make sense in the context. Top players are likely aiming to be at the top, and want maximum treats per event, to say they have earned Max per event. For their goals it might very well be worth the investment.
Mortal coil gives you 168 treats in one Halloweek. If it cost 500 treats it means ROI of 3 years. 3x168 = 504.
I'm not sure if I'll make it through another three Halloweens in Torn. Or if the event won't be chedded in three years. 🙂