I am getting a lot of Capcha tests all of a sudden on PDA, should I be worried about it?
Capcha
Started by Sanguin [3008513] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 6 / 6 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 6
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 4
- Likes on archived posts
- 6
- Authority score
- 57 / 100
- Historical score
- 18 / 100
- Story score
- 29 / 100
- Engagement score
- 49 / 100
Don't worry about it, as long as you're not botting of course. No one but staff knows the specifics of what triggers it, but if your activity goes way up (say, during Halloweek), then you might get catches.
They go away on their own, usually within a few days.
Most likely you got caught by Torn's lame AI (Google AI) that looks for repetitive behavior (to catch scripters and botters).
Don't be worried about it, it's merely an annoyance. It'll go away in 1 to 2 weeks.
Me too. I'm a new player and iafter a day or two playing, I installed TornTools for Firefox on my desktop machine and installed TornPDA on my phone.
Seeing lots of capchas ever since.
FWIW, there is an info box to the right of the capcha, explaining why this is happening and, as the above posters mentioned, that it will go away in some time.
And if it doesn't, I believe there is an address where one can complain. :-)
Thanks yall
The capchas that were appearing for my account seem to have gone away. Touch wood.