Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Items are selling very slowly

Started by Danny_Dorito [2770613] on in General Discussion.

15 replies · 750 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 16 / 16 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
16
Discussion span
→
People posting
12
Likes on archived posts
73
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
57 / 100
Historical score
23 / 100
Story score
56 / 100
Engagement score
68 / 100

Most-liked replies

Danny_Dorito [2770613]

Tf is going on with the updated item market?

Usually I list items (FHC, drug packs, E DVDs etc) around 100k cheaper than the cheapest item on the market and they sell quick...within minutes, sometimes within seconds.

 

I've tried selling these items and they're not selling. I even put the drug packs 300k cheaper. 

 

It could be a matter of impatience until I decide to close the bazaar but I'm so used to them selling. What's happening? 

VladBull [2321305] Committee Committee

Since yesterday, all the people in Torn have come together and are never buying from undercutters! 
Try setting it $100k over the lowest price and it will sell instantly! 

Runalf [2047589]

You need to advertise your bazaar otherwise no one will ever visit our bazaar.

 

Something you can do is put the advertisement of your bazaar in your forum signature, but Torn had a genius idea to set forum sigs on disabled as default instead of enabled so nobody will notice your forum sig advertisement either. 

 

@Torn, plz put forum sig on enabled as default?????

Viciously_Grim [2752611]

That's not true at all 😂 🤣  I watched several markets closely last night and under cutters continue to be the fastest sellers, with bulk items near or at the lowest price point coming in a close second.

 

The fact that Vladbull tends to hold the lowest price point with 100s of items has nothing to do with his comment I'm sure 😉

Viciously_Grim [2752611]

Ah, I didn't catch the sarcasm lol It is true that holding just above the lowest point does get quick purchases now..... if you hold with bulk items.

Scuba [512975]

Since no one actually has given you a real answer...

 

...each year you can see an absolutely massive supply increase and subsequent price decrease in many Hallowsweek basket items (Christmas Town will hit this again marginally but not nearly as much). In short: people who use what they use have what they need, they've probably scooped up a few billion dollars worth of cheap items, and they're waiting for prices to rebound to either sell them/their affected benefit block items, or are waiting to see how low prices get (should bottom out in the next few weeks). Sales will take longer during these times and sell for less.

 

If you want to really watch prices go wild you should see the spikes I suspect before each fee percentage increase February-June as everyone panic sells and traders hold the line and incorporate those fees into the item cost so their bottom lines aren't hit.