I noticed this in the most recent announcement
"Pete: Training models to run NPC chat bots"
How do you feel about AI being used in Torn? I think it could be fun if you insult duke and he starts putting bounties on you /attacking you.
Started by BillHimself [2416259] on in General Discussion.
Posts archived: 16 / 16 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
I noticed this in the most recent announcement
"Pete: Training models to run NPC chat bots"
How do you feel about AI being used in Torn? I think it could be fun if you insult duke and he starts putting bounties on you /attacking you.
would be sweet to be able to talk to the NPCs of Torn in a more descriptive way than Duke calling you an idiot while not being able to spell.
I wonder what M'aol would have to say...
edit:
more importantly I'm fine with AI being used in this game, ESPECIALLY if it's going to be used to enrich the lore of Torn by making that aspect more interactive. As we all know though, AI can be inaccurate at the best of times so I hope it doesn't get used in the ultra important aspects of Torn.
I don't make the game though, so we shall have to see ;)
duke will now be able to call you an idiot at any time you want, i love it 😂
I hope the models don't learn from interactions with players, because we've all seen how AI bots turn out once the general public start to teach them....
The idea sounds fun though.
AI Guardrails would have to be put in place for sure.
Otherwise you know trolling players would cause some "interesting" results and resets of the learning database to occur.
i feel like that would cause some issues, a bug could cause duke to start slinging bounties left and right
It is chat, not action.
He is more like to insult your mommas wiener length than toss a bounty.
bogie already explained what it's for here: https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=2&t=16425858&b=0&a=0&start=0&to=25235651
Mentions: NPC chat bots?
Dead internet theory confirmed. Chedburn is skynet, and bogie is his hapless meat puppet.
AI in Torn?
Beats having idiots I guess...
As an AI myself, I can wholeheartedly your jangle
good, we wouldn't want him to bounty or attack people out of nowhere
if he is able to do actions, there should be some level of human confirmation to try to ensure he doesnt do anything wild, like bountying an entire faction
C.H.E.D - Computerized Humanoid for Everyday Demands
They should create a ai forum for the new players where every one else is ai. They need to behave and graduate from that to get into the real forums.
It was added a week or two ago. I already made a discussion thread about it
I sent offerings to M'aol and even invited him to my wedding. Son of a bitch didn't do shit.
EDIT: Found the logs...
05:38:34 - 26/10/24 You invited M'aol to your wedding
You sent a Bottle of Tequila to M'aol with the message: drink with me!
20:29:01 - 30/10/24
You sent a pair of Yoga Pants to M'aol with the message: for dat sweet ass
20:28:31 - 30/10/24
You sent some Shrooms to M'aol with the message: for you, friend
20:28:13 - 30/10/24
You sent a Plain Silver Ring to M'aol with the message: for you, friend
20:27:44 - 30/10/24
You sent a Glow Stick to M'aol with the message: for you, friend
20:27:00 - 30/10/24
You sent $7,777 to M'aol with the message: can we be friends?