Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Torn Craftsmanship

Started by JustJanet [911066] on in General Discussion.

48 replies · 1.45k views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 49 / 49 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
49
Discussion span
→
Authority score
53 / 100
Historical score
34 / 100
Story score
64 / 100
Engagement score
76 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

JustJanet [911066]

What the Hell’s going on with Torn’s craftsmanship? I’m attempting to hone my skills at making impeccable copies of various items for wholly artistic reasons only… no criminal reasons… I’m completely wholesome… ask anyone who isn’t a jack ass!  

 

Anyhow even though my craftsmanship is incredibly close to perfect, my typewriters and embossers break after just a few days of use. I buy new typewriters and embossers to replace old ones, but they keep breaking!  I think the best length of time I have for a typewriter is about 7 days! Why’s the quality of Torn manufactured products so shitty?  

 

I realize some of my responses in the forums might read as if I must be hammering down on those keys with ferocity, but honestly… I’m a very gentle typist.  These typewriters are just seriously weak.  Weak like some jackasses I’ve encountered. 




Is it only me or do others have issues with Torn manufacturing?  Please share your experiences so hopefully the people in charge start making these products better!  

PS: Since some jackass wants to claim I’m a Karen whenever I hurt his feelings by feeding him awesome logic and knowledge, I feel like it’s only fair that I address this topic. ;) where exactly is the manufacturing manager?!?

Ember_ash [3107625]

I have not increased my identity smuggling level, my certificate and badge printing level has not increased yet. So I haven't experienced it yet.

 

Edit ; I'm level 25 and I regret it, the materials are extremely expensive and certificates and items come at the same price. It's like throwing nerve away. I don't think it's worth bothering with

Bumbi [3177056]

I haven't even got to forgery yet, I was working through Hustling but got bored and just started going for Graffiti uniques 

Rumblespincore [2828438]

Boss, try this ritual ,

1St wash your hand 

2Nd put your mid finger "outside"

3rd close your other fingers

4Th pose like there is enemy in front of you rather than torn site

JustJanet [911066]

Don’t I know it?!  That’s why I switched to typewriters! I had one embosser from I don’t know how… finds? Crimes?  Bought on a whim before I knew I needed it? Then I bought one when I ran out. And thought damn! That’s expensive! Then I bought another and realized I just need to stop attempting that crime!  

I’m at 92 and I have a dozen typewriters. Hopefully that gets me through to 100.

Dead-Inside [2857684]

forgery is turning out to be the hardest to increase and the most costly.
I broke three embossers they sell for about 6 million each
I cant make keys as they require sand that sells for 35 million each and key sell for less than 500k
badges also require sand .
I posted a suggestion in the forums to change it from needed sand to needing a file but not getting thumbs up

 

RealTeel [3008047]

Been doing ONLY drivers licenses for this reason....

 

I just can't justify all the other materials needed for the higher skill forgeries. 

JustJanet [911066]

I’m doing prescriptions.  It just requires the typewriters and the medical bills. They are both fairly cheap and the waits isn’t terrible.  

4 steps, only one has a wait period to print (1 minute).  I usually set up ten which uses up one full nerve bar to do two steps for all ten. Then if I time it right I can do my crime bar refill and do the other two steps for all ten prescriptions.