So I made roughly 300m on my little bazaar which I know isn't loads but for a noob is a great little income. What I'm asking is how are people advertising their bazzarrs now, how are you standing out from the established traders. Are their any small traders doing well still if you have any advice for a small trader I'd welcome it greatly.
Bazaars
Started by Mong [3401450] on in General Discussion.
About this thread
Posts archived: 29 / 29 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 29
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 53 / 100
- Historical score
- 28 / 100
- Story score
- 59 / 100
- Engagement score
- 73 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- Cheesus [505043] Wiki Contributor
· 22 likes ·
I have nothing in the way of advice here, but I want to express my appreciation for a thread about bazaars being not discoverable via market that is an actual discussion and not moaning about the change. Hope you and …
I have nothing in the way of advice here, but I want to express my appreciation for a thread about bazaars being not discoverable via market that is an actual discussion and not moaning about the change. Hope you and other traders find the advice you're looking for 😁
my advice for small traders is to grow up
yes: find another game. this one doesn't give shit about the little guy.
I would suggest starting with your faction mates: offer them items at a better price than the lowest in the item market (which under the old system, it still required you to have lower prices to get visibility) and ask you faction leader to help you by maybe posting it on a faction newsletter.
You may make less profit at first but as you start to get a reputation and generate more traffic you'll get more sales. You have a few noob players in your faction, offer to buy the teddy bear plushies and kittens from them that they get from Bob's mug-free and then resell them in your bazaar.
good luck!
i know bazaar in real life and he would never do this
Use the trading forum plus ads in the newspaper
skill issue
That's great advice thank you. This is the sort of stuff I'm looking for.
If your prices are good and you have a good supply, we'll find you.
I don't have the money to trade yet. bank is more profitable
I sold stuff for 270b last 12 months. After update, I don't use bazaar much. Just move stuff there to not be in my inventory.
But in February I guess trade chat, trade forum and 3rd party website will be the way to go.
It would probably take a lot of effort, and you'd have to offer some sort of niche that other traders don't offer. Myself I wanted to make a bazaar for miscellanous items. I've seen people list these items so people can get that merit where you dump 5000 items. I could probably undercut them and do it for cheaper. My only problem is time spent actually gaining the items. But if I had time I would making a post on the trading section, advertise on trade chat, join a trading discord server, and try and talk to other traders and maybe build up a network. You could do it with a lot of time and hard work but the real question is would it even be worth it?
If you have arachnophobia you should definitely check out my bazaar.
yup. that's how you get ppl to your bazaar, if only you had something to buy it would have been even better but nice bazaar
well done
There are a few webpages that are basically an off-site item "marketplace" for Bazaars.
This one is a little slow on the update, but it gets the job done.
That's actually really useful thank you for sharing that.
Until there's a suitable third party website that is common knowledge - do not bother with bazaars. Use the item market.
Trying to establish a niche or be "the" trader for a specific item will just be a waste of your time unless you have a limitless supply of a certain item that you can comfortably undercut everyone else on to record lows.
No one remembers the names of anyone they ever bought stuff off from bazaars or the item market. There, you're just another number in a game about a lot of numbers. People go to the item market/bazaars when they need to buy something quickly, not when they are looking for a friend that will sell them 1000 Xanax every week.
I do miss the ability to get primary exposure in the market.
Maybe ad banners could be part of that page in the future.
bazaars are only for selling $1 items now, like me. if your selling, sell to a fair and honest trader, there are many that pay near market value. if you need to make money there are many tutorials and guides in that forum. there is all kinds of knowledge there, like you should have posted this in QnA forum, but you might not know this forum is not where questions.