How does a trainer give one two and three trains. I see under the wiki a trainer can give up to three trains.
What effectiveness do they have to be to get two trains and three trains?
Started by Professor_Oak [2915978] on in Questions & Answers.
Posts archived: 18 / 18 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
How does a trainer give one two and three trains. I see under the wiki a trainer can give up to three trains.
What effectiveness do they have to be to get two trains and three trains?
I'm assuming one is the base for trainer, then two and three are effectiveness thresholds. I'm just trying to get some clarification on what those thresholds are for the extra trains.
Training in what work or gym? If it’s gym what is the base gain of 1 training session?
He means the trainer company position. Some companies can set an employee as a Trainer to provide more daily company trains.
This is just my interpretation of the Wiki, but Im pretty sure its not about the trainer giving more trains. It is saying that you can have 3 trainers in your company that are increasing that amount. So if you have 4 employees marked as trainers, you will still only get +3 trains.
no your trainer can give multiple trains with variance depending on effectiveness as OP suspected, I'm not sure exactly what the break points are for more trains tho.
Edit: asking around and from my own memory, I believe trainer gets 1 extra train above star rating at efficiency 100, 2 extra trains at efficiency 150 and 3 extra trains at efficiency 200. Anecdotal and I can't find anything official to back it up so 🤷♂️
No that's wrong. We have 6 trainers and I'm getting 18 trains a day one week and 20 the next week alternating.
We thought the trainers efficiency over 150 gave two trains.
This week we're on the short week ready for 18 trains. One of the higher stat players became inactive, dropping his effectiveness down to 147 and we still had 18 trains. So the 150 efficiency that we thought was the key factor is incorrect.
We're trying to figure out what the criteria is for two trains on a trainer, and then the three trains on the trainer.
Mathematically that would suggest that all of your trainers are either generating 1-2 trains each.
You're on an alternating week cycle of 9 stars and 10 stars right? That means that each week you're already getting 9 or 10 daily trains just from the company rating. If you're getting 18 trains with 6 trainers, and you're getting 9 from the company rating, then that leave 9 trains that you're getting from 6 employees.
What's the math that you guys have? Or did I misinterpret?
No this is wrong - It's not possible to get 18 Trains a day.
13 is the cap.
Here's the math that i have.
Alternating 9 and 10 stars. 9 star weeks we have 6 trainers and 10 star weeks we have i believe 7.
what we thought was trainers effectiveness over 150 gave two trains. 9+6+3 over 150 effectiveness gave 18.
One went inactive and dropped below 150 and i still got 18 trains. So what we thought was wrong. were trying to figure out where that extra train came from.
I think I've read somewhere that it was based on base work stats, not effective work stats. I didn't bookmark the post nor commented on it, so I'll never find it again 🙁
We're just trying to figure out the math behind the scenes to get a better understanding. What we thought was the case is clearly not. ie the extra train today that we were not expecting. We thought with the inactive it would have been 17 but got 18 again anyways.
The trainer position PER EMPLOYEE can generate a maximum of 3 trains (I'm not entirely sure if there's a max daily amount outside of the overall train cap). The thresholds for trainers are as follows: 100 effectiveness - 1 train; 150 effectiveness - 2 trains; 200 effectiveness - 3 trains.
Example: Trainer 1 has 160 eff --> 2 trains generated
Below is the part I'm not sure about, but how I think it might work. Please correct me if I'm wrong, thanks :)
With multiple trainers, this becomes a bit more complex. Two cases of this come to mind, the first being multiple trainers over 100 effectiveness. In this case, the trains just add up based on their general bracket. However, this model doesn't explain how you'd get more trains even when employees dropped below their respective thresholds (i.e. the 147 employee you mentioned)
Case #1: Trainer 1 has 150 eff, Trainer 2 has 125 eff, Trainer 3 has 175 eff --> 5 trains generated (450 combined effectiveness)
The second case is having trainers that operate under 100 effectiveness but still generate additional trains, so long as there is at least one trainer over 100 effectiveness (similar to a buddy system). Typically, a trainer under 100 effectiveness wouldn't generate any trains, but this allows them to still contribute to the overall total.
Case #2: Trainer 1 is 120 eff (+2 due to additional trainer), Trainer 2 is 85 eff (+1 due to buddy) --> 3 trains generated
With Trainer 1 alone, only one train would've generally been added; or with Trainer 2, no trains at all. However, working together, they generate 3 trains (more than the sum of their parts).
I'd be interested in seeing what you find out as you experiment, but hopefully this helps. (And again, don't take my conjecture as fact I may very well be completely wrong lol)
max daily amount is 20. we're still trying to figure out where our extra train came from. We thought it was employees with over 150 effectiveness.
9* =9 trains
6 trainers (all of whom are over 100 effectiveness)= 6 trains
3 of which are over 150 effectiveness =3 trains
9+6+3=18
problem with our math is one of the employees dropped under 150 effectiveness down to 147. Yet we still got 18 trains today. So obviously we are incorrect in our assumption that an employee with over 150 effectiveness gives +2.
We're trying to figure out where the extra train came from. Is it not 150 for the threshold for an additional train, is it lower...145? 140?
does inactivity not matter when it comes to the trains as a trainer? That's what we're trying to figure out.
Case #1 doesnt add up
Case#2 seems more likely with the 6 trainers we have generating more than they would on their own. but still am uncertain.
I'm new, so I could be (and likely am) completely wrong, but I believe it may be the cumulative addition of all the trainers' effectiveness.
This was a 9* week correct? so 9 trains automatically.
Then 6 trainers with a cumulative effectiveness of 908. 100 effectiveness generate 1 train. 908/100 would equal to 9 trains.
9 base + the 9 from cumulative efectiveness of trainers = 18 trains.
Again, this could be wrong but that's what I'm thinking it is.
Fill out a bug report. I don't think it is actually a bug, but maybe you'll get lucky and get some definitive information on how trains are calculated.