Allow a toggle switch on properties with vaults to enable automatic upkeep payments. Upkeep will be taken from the vault when funds are available and the option is toggled on, Otherwise if toggled off upkeep is paid manually.
Automatic Upkeep Suggestion
Started by Terror [3158188] on in Suggestions.
About this thread
Posts archived: 9 / 9 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 9
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 4
- Likes on archived posts
- 24
- Authority score
- 27 / 100
- Historical score
- 26 / 100
- Story score
- 46 / 100
- Engagement score
- 55 / 100
If they implemented every toggle switch that has been suggested then Torn would be the most customizable game known to man.
Seriously though, historically ched hasn't been to keen on automating anything, so may not want to get your hopes up. Good luck though.
Yeah I gather it wont get implemented but just feel like it would be a nice QOL feature. It's not like it's going to reduce player retention, People don't go 'Oh shit I haven't logged on today what about my 400k upkeep'
I see your point, but where would the line be drawn. Why not a toggle switch to train in the gym when my energy gets full, or to do crimes when my nerve gets full, or to set timers when to automatically take xanax. It sounds far-fetched but to me all of those make more sense due to them not involving an actual monetary transaction.
Valid arguments, not shocking coming from you, my guy. Upkeep though is such a minimal cost and basically nothing but an irritant to anyone sufficiently established that I don’t think this particular toggle would be harmful. Though I agree the majority of the game shouldn’t be automated in any way. As it is though, I personally only really check my upkeep payment once every week or two since there is such a large time before not paying actually impacts the property yields. Automatically pulling the funds from those in the vault would be nice.
Although, I think implementing a new staff member and having to hire an “Accountant” to enable the feature in the first place would be the best way to implement it.
Yeah, I like that idea, and for the record, I'd like to see a way for the upkeep to be automatically deducted form the vault. Preferably not a toggle for it, but a way none the less. Just reading cheds past comments on the subject, I don't see it happening.
I stay read up in this forum and its pretty funny how often a toggle for something is suggested. I can't help but picture a brand new player that finds their way to the setting menu and are greeted with 6 pages of toggle switches, all for things that they have no idea of.
Absolutely, having a ton of toggles would be a huge reduction to the complexity of the game and be blatantly confusing to anyone new . There’s already enough of that. The more I sit here and think about it the more I like the idea of an accountant staff member kind of solution to that.
i can’t say I stay read up, I was just poking around today because I’m avoiding what I need to do lol.
Yeah, Property manager or financial accountant would be a cool staff member to hire for this. Would be a cool way to handle it without a default 'toggle switch'
That being said, Issues of it confusing newer players, I doubt a new player is going to have a vault for a while anyway, The only reason I have my pi under a year old is because I'm an idiot!
Thought of this today and figured there was already a post about it. R+