Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Graved

Started by D4RKTHI3F [2186488] on in Graveyard.

18 replies · 212 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 19 / 19 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
19
Discussion span
→
People posting
11
Likes on archived posts
74
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
41 / 100
Historical score
28 / 100
Story score
60 / 100
Engagement score
66 / 100

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

D4RKTHI3F [2186488] ×1

DEFCON [3118703]

I usually pride myself on supporting the endeavors of others, even when they may be in competition. However, when it comes to your service I cannot do that. 

It has come to my attention that you have copied and pasted content from Nexus Raffles & Casino almost word for word. This is particularly disappointing, especially after I declined your offer to sell Nexus to you and your team earlier this year. 

 

Not only have you mirrored our systems and even our terms, but you've done so in such a blatant manner that you admit to directing your members to my profile for tickets because you’ve replicated everything so closely and forgot to change it.

This kind of behavior is both shameful and pathetic. Using the same games or service that I offer is one thing, but copying everything from my discord is another. I urge you and your team go consider the importance of originality and integrity in the Torn community. It’s not a good look, especially for a service that is supposed to be “trusted”. 

Do better and learn how to embed at the very least. 

Piccolo [2693254] Reporter

I’m unsure of anything done against Torn City rules, however it is extremely immoral to blatantly copy a service, word for word, from an already established service for your own personal use.

 

Defcon has become a pilar of the Torn community and to see his hard work, that he has built for himself become knocked off is the same as if a GFX artist had their signatures be knocked off, and passed on as someone else’s work.

 

The sad thing is, if you would’ve asked DEFCON for assistance or how to go about setting up a lotto server on discord, he most likely would’ve helped you, as that’s just the kind of person he is.

  
edit:

Jormungdandr disliked your post

Lottery House discord

Mentions: Graved

CelticWarrior23 [2992365]

Hi all, the set up of the bot was done externally through the same person who set up Nexus. 

 

We were planning on discussing buying options with Defcon and they gave us a price. The next day, they banned us completely from Nexus and that was nearly 3 months ago. 

 

We have since then launched our version of the product and I would like to believe that you are all happy. 

 

I would gladly send the conversation I have had with Defcon regarding this, the setup will match yes, that is because of the person who designed the bot and who we and Defcon bought it from. We had teething issues yes, that is why it was done pre official launch. The bot rights are not ours or Defcons, it is the person who designed and created it. They had the Wording as is, not us. 

 

We wanted a mutual understanding but Defcon had other plans by banning us. 

 

I will gladly discuss this further if anyone wants to get a bigger picture. 

DEFCON [3118703]

Hi Celtic,

 

Thank you for your response, but it doesn’t address the core issue at hand: the copying of our Discord, terms, and calculations. You’ve conveniently left that out of your reply, must’ve been by accident right?

 

While I understand that the bot was set up externally by the same person who helped designed Nexus, that doesn’t excuse the blatant replication of our systems and processes. Yes your team was banned from Nexus, for fear of stealing assets and copying our work. Clearly I was correct to do so as I’ve now been made aware that you are still mirroring our content, which was posted above that clearly shows that you and your team did. In fact you can even spot the places you removed Nexus name cause you forgot to add spaces afterwards. 

 

I left your service alone after the initial incident, but this ongoing situation cannot be overlooked. I urge you to clarify how you justify these actions and what steps you plan to take to ensure originality moving forward.


Can you really sit there and justify stealing my work and content? I’m not even talking about the games or the bot. But you guys really sat there and copied my discord and my terms among other things. 

 

Looking forward to your response, perhaps it’s best for you to admit to your mistake and we can move forward? Right after you remove the content that you copied and pasted of course. 

CelticWarrior23 [2992365]

So, as we stand. 

 

The bot is a direct copy because the true owner of the bot did it so. The games are standard and can be purchased from the creator. 

 

Your problem is that we copied your T&Cs from the discord aspect? 

 

If so, what would you like us to do? Make changes and ammend it? Or formal recognition for it? 

 

What would like from us bud? 

DEFCON [3118703]

I have no issue with you having the same modules as me. I have a problem with you guys clearly copying my own content without a heads up and you guys asking. 

You’ve copied almost every aspect from my server, from ticket prices to raffle & ticket calculations and blatantly copied my terms of service and rules on almost everything.

I have no issue with you having an competitor service. I have an issue with you stealing my work. I’d feel the same if it was someone copying you or anyone else. 

Admit your wrongs, remove my content and we’re good. 

I’ve left your service and your members alone out of respect, even though I’ve known of your service months before your launch. Give me the same respect back, it’s the least you can do. 

CelticWarrior23 [2992365]

The reason I am asking is so it can be corrected, pricing is standard. That will not be changed. The Wording sure. Same goes the T&Cs and rule. Wording will be altered. 

 

In return, please refrain from calling us names and saying we are dodgy as all the prizes and casino goodies is sent as needed. We have not and will not slander Nexus in anyway and would appreciate the same from your side going forward. Like you said, competition is good. No need for the insults. 

 

A private message would have resolved this whole issue, but I am glad we were able to resolve this. 

 

I will speak to our admin guys and correct the Wording as soon as we can. 

 

Take care of yourself bud and best of luck. 

Seldon93 [3256025]

• Bank requests and withdrawals are typically processed within 24 hours.  If processing exceeds 72 hours, a 30% increase in the total sum will be applied as compensation.

• Ticket transfers between accounts or players are prohibited.

• To prevent the service's use as a banking or vaulting service, users acknowledge that tickets are valued at $750,000 each; this service is intended for managing excess winnings.

• Users must maintain a positive balance of 20 or more eligible tickets to initiate a withdrawal.

• Users are responsible for securing their funds against theft.  Creating a ticket to schedule withdrawals is strongly recommended to mitigate the risk of theft.

•Unauthorized access attempts, including hacking or manipulation of our services, will result in immediate disqualification, forfeiture of all prizes and funds, and permanent account suspension.

All raffle ticket and credit transactions are final; refunds will not be issued.  Compensation, if applicable, will be provided in the form of Raffle Credits.

Exploits, glitches, or bugs must be reported immediately; any winnings obtained through such means will be invalidated.  A reward of additional tickets will be provided for reported bugs.

Participants with suspended accounts will forfeit all prizes and credits.

Ticket trading between accounts or players is strictly prohibited.

Participants banned during or after a raffle will forfeit all prizes and credits.

Any detected cheating or unauthorized access to the bot/system will result in the forfeiture of all tickets and disqualification from current giveaways/raffles.

Adherence to Discord's Terms of Service and Guidelines is mandatory.  [Links: https://discord.com/terms, https://discord.com/guidelines]

Adherence to Torn's Terms of Use and Rules is mandatory. [Links: https://www.torn.com/rules.php#tab=terms_of_use, https://www.torn.com/rules.php#tab=torn_rules]

 

 

 

 

 

These are now what the rules and terms look like, they've used an AI to re word the whole thing.

CelticWarrior23 [2992365]

Dear DEFCON

 

We hope this message finds you well. We are writing to sincerely apologize for our actions in copying your Discord rules and regulations. It was inappropriate and disrespectful to replicate your work without your consent, and we take full responsibility for this oversight.

 

We deeply admire the effort and thought that went into crafting your community guidelines. Our actions were not intended to undermine or take credit for your hard work, but we understand that this does not excuse the situation.

 

Moving forward, we will ensure that our community guidelines are written and uniquely tailored to our needs. We will also remove any content that was taken from your platform to avoid further issues.

 

Please accept our sincerest apologies for this lapse in judgment. If there are any further steps you would like me to take to rectify the situation, please do not hesitate to let us know. We deeply value the contributions you make to the community and will strive to act with greater integrity in the future.

 

Thank you for your understanding, and we truly regret any inconvenience or frustration our actions may have caused.

 

Sincerely

Triple Seven Lottery