Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Scroll up to refresh

Started by Ryla22 [2742018] on in Bugs & Issues.

9 replies · 110 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
10
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
3
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
3
Authority score
57 / 100
Historical score
32 / 100
Story score
40 / 100
Engagement score
54 / 100
Ryla22 [2742018]

Device: Google Pixel 6a Android: 12 App version: 2.2.3

 

The feature just gets in the way and is ruining my enjoyment of the game. There isn't even an option to turn it off.

 

I can not state enough how much this has ruined the game for me.

CloudJumper [1636201]Staff

What exactly are you doing that it gets in the way? Can you provide a screen recording of it? 

Ryla22 [2742018]

Every time I scroll to the top of the screen the page refreshes unless I'm extremely careful. I don't have a camera or second phone to record it with.

This leaves me with much larger gaps to get mugged inbetween selling things when I need to do things quickly, and I'm worried that if it happens while chaining I'm going to end up losing the chain for the faction.

 

It's probably set way too sensitive at the very least, and imo, there should be an option to turn it off.

Ryla22 [2742018]

And now a few hours later it's not being sensitive anymore and it's letting me undo the refresh action, unlike before where I couldn't even undo the refresh action 

CloudJumper [1636201]Staff

This is what I am seeing, the implementation is identical to how things work in mobile Chrome. You need to properly pull down for the page to refresh.

Ryla22 [2742018]

This is how it works when I scroll more than half a page down.

 

Sometimes, especially in the crime page lately, when I scroll back to the top after scrolling down to make more CDs or something it refreshes. It doesn't need a proper pull down, and up until recently it used to just be a hard stop against the top of the page.

CloudJumper [1636201]Staff

I have referred this to Ched and the app developer, we have agreed that we do not need to add this toggle into the app settings.

 

Thanks!

Ryla22 [2742018]

I figured out how to screen record and why it's happening. After spending energy or nerve the refresh is a lot more sensitive. I'll put a video in here when I have more energy or nerve to show off the bug.

QueenCarnivore [2565196]

I too am not a fan of how sensitive the refresh is when going back to the top of a page. 

QueenCarnivore [2565196]

This refresh issue is now becoming an issue while playing CT, as if I go to change directions and accidentally pull down just a touch too far, I refresh.  It is annoying AF.