Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Torn Gift Ideas?

Started by Bumbi [3177056] on in General Discussion.

19 replies · 584 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 20 / 20 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
20
Discussion span
→
People posting
20
Likes on archived posts
31
Authority score
37 / 100
Historical score
33 / 100
Story score
59 / 100
Engagement score
66 / 100
Bumbi [3177056]

Hey what's up shawtys 

 

I'm part of this torn group (super secret if you know you know) and we're doing a secret santa thing right? So I got paired with someone. Problem is I don't know much about them. The deadline is in a few days and I'm at a loss for what I should be sending them for secret santa. It's important to bare in mind a few things.

 

  1. I don't want to spend a lot of money, not because I'm poor or stingy but because I want to invest my income to make more. (I have a few hundred Stalhogs if you're interested)
  2. I want something creative or fun.

Better yet if you were the receiver of such a gift what would you want? What would you expect?

Sweeney_Todd [27468]

A dong...

 

It depends on who you got...

 

Put some f**king thought into it. Look at their posts, just make some effort...

DedeSiregar [2430598]

A friend of mine always gave the best gifts 'coz they were always personal:

 

  • Dual sams he made.
  • Elizabeth mask: I’m a big fan of The Crown.
  • Cattle prod (cheap!): When I started my own faction. Very, very needed at war.
  • Scrooge hat: I ran fashion shop irl before, so obviously I will collect clothes in torn at some point.


Result: I have a bad habit of giving away or loaning my stuff to other friends. But not gifts from him. They stay with me.

 

I usually really hate getting gifts because it means I have to give the person a gift, too, to be polite. But not from him. I’m always looking forward to his gifts.

 

So, IMO, get to know your own friends. Don’t be lazy and just send gifts based on value or for the sake of giving. Find the problems they’re facing or their hobbies. It's about the meaning of the gifts ya know.

 

If you don't know a person check out their old posts. You can detect from there. If they post a lot food forum, buy them cheap rw frying pans. Something like that. The point is make it meaningful!

Madgod [1733719]

if it is in-game, just give them Xanax

 

If it is out game which is what I thought you originally meant, just give them Xanax

Tanarra [2649236]

Commission a piece of art from a talent in the Graphics Forum.  You can make them a custom PFP, forum/profile sig, or just a fun piece of art.  There are all ranges of pricing, so definitely something you can keep within the budget, yet make personal. :)

Xerra [2775419]

Free losses. Just keep attacking them and lose every time. Merits are worth more than some crummy gift, or another plushie.

 

If you're really stuck then I can sell you a signed portrait of FattyLumpkin doing aerobics in his garden. I don't want much for it. I really don't.

 

Chanilde [3834134]

I ended up buying a digital picture frame after one of my faction mates mentioned it in a similar thread. It’s been perfect for having notes, maps, and reminders on display while playing Torn, especially during chains or when managing multiple tasks. I leave it next to my main monitor so I don’t have to keep switching tabs mid-fight or while checking market prices. Super handy for staying focused.