Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Addiction , Help

Started by M0rty_ [3351630] on in Health & Fitness.

2 replies · 122 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 3 / 3 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
3
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
4
Authority score
7 / 100
Historical score
12 / 100
Story score
27 / 100
Engagement score
47 / 100
M0rty_ [3351630]

Guys , sorry to say this I'm public. But I think I'm having porn addiction. I've been doing 3 ~ 5 times daily and even tho I wanted to stop I can't.

Been taking some anti depressant meds too. What should I do? 

I don't wanna go hospital or doctor cuz in my country porn addiction is like shameful thing

DedeSiregar [2430598]

Correction

You are addicted to dopamine and oxytocin that are being released when you reach orgasm.

 

So the most practical way to fight it off is by finding other activities that  will release them.

 

As for me when I reach certain goals or mastering certain skills. Another friend is by eating high end food. Others by meditation. 

 

As for oxytocin, well you can try gardening, having pets, growing deep non romantic connection with other person.

 

Or you can fix the root of your adictions. Your unresolved childhood trauma perhaps. Many people who were sexually assaulted as kids by the ppl their trust turn into sex addicts when they get older. It is the only relationship currency that they have. 

 

Or kids who get abandoned and neglected can be extreme people pleasure as they get older. So they often use "sex" to keep people from leaving. 

 

Lastly, keep in mind sex and porn aren't dirty. They are just part of our human nature. Only when they hold you back from doing other activities that they become unhealthy.

 

Anyways, go see therapist or your religious leaders that you can trust to discuss further. Avoid to discuss this with the gender of your sexual orientation. 

 

Goodluck