Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Grave

Started by daemonerror [3050532] on in Graveyard.

73 replies · 2.71k views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 74 / 74 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
74
Discussion span
→
Authority score
42 / 100
Historical score
40 / 100
Story score
77 / 100
Engagement score
83 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Kingpinconnor [2317479] ×2

daemonerror [3050532]

Long story short, someone approached me trying to "sell" a company. I got suckered, lost a 250M$ keepsake, luckily i only paid 3Xm for it, so I unfortunately lost out on a chunk of money and a big profit I could've used to put towards my company and support my employees. But it could've been worse, and I don't really care about the keepsake so overall not a big deal.

 

I wasn't aware you could trade a company with the trade feature, now I know.

 

Anyway, the biggest reason I'm here is just to warn other players, especially new people. If you're buying a company be sure to use the trade feature to get it securely, don't give anything up front, and don't trust anyone named Connor.

 

My biggest issue with what happened is that I was STUPID enough to trust someone with a f**king name like Connor. I new they were probably scummy trash and I proceeded anyway. So anyway, here's all the conversation I have minus the very early part when f**king Connor approached me to "buy" the company. It seemed too good to be true and as things of that nature usually go, it was.

 

Also, here's f**king Connors profile if you're bored

https://www.torn.com/profiles.php?XID=2317479

 

[image: i.imgur.com][image: i.imgur.com][image: i.imgur.com][image: i.imgur.com]

 

Please learn from my idiocy, commence roasting.

 

Also I hope you're all having a great day and I guess this is my official welcome to the game lol

Mentions: Kingpinconnor [2317479]

p-p [3397012]

If you send me one andyman keepsake I will send you two in return!

 

Then you will be back to net neutral! 

 

 

Warning: Interacting with this account may result in unintended consequences, including but not limited to: unauthorized keepsake relocation, sudden inventory depletion, elevated stress levels, trust issues, and a persistent sense of vulnerability. By proceeding, you acknowledge and accept the risks associated with potential keepsake theft. Engage at your own peril.

Anonym0usUsEr [3146146]

I would like to take a second and appreciate the use of the paragraph maker button (that definitely doesn’t have a name) in this post. Thank you. 

Hawk [2080065]

Reminds me of that’s time I bought 100x Xanax for 800,000 each

 

I was still celebrating the good deal I got an hour later 

 

then realized it was Vicodin 

7-eleven [2927678]

Ouch!

 

Thanks for humbly sharing as a learning tool for new players.  I won't roast you since you're obviously aware of the mistake and of course,  sh*t happens 

 

However, the only thing I find really odd is that you were bothered by the name Connor... but Kingpin seemed legit as far as trustworthiness??!!! LOL

Sephiroth [5918]

Ohh brother... so many things went wrong here. He can literally click 3 button clicks and sell the company directly back to the system for like three times that price. Was thinking to might mess with the guy since scamming noobs for pennies is such a scumbag move, but like, u had some big greed goggles on there in addition to the other mistakes it seems like 

DedeSiregar [2430598]

Have you talked to BT?

Don't get me wrong. You made mistake. But ppl in my inner circle would still return it. IE a dude forgot to clear faction vault with few billions after he sold to us. Stuff like that. N afaik BT is a straight up guy. Perhaps try diplo before forum?

 

Edit: ah nvm. You changed ur answer. Maybe ask him? 

Your guy is on my enemy list already. I just forgot for what. Usually I put ppl there for trading purpose ie to stop them buying my stuff or help other traders from buying my stuff. Hence I asked you if it is his company and faction.