Is it better to rent a PI or buy one? I currently own one but I've considered selling it so that I can buy more Stock BB's is that disadvantageous ?
Private Island
Started by TyGod [2313922] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 9 / 9 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 9
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 7
- Likes on archived posts
- 5
- Authority score
- 44 / 100
- Historical score
- 22 / 100
- Story score
- 32 / 100
- Engagement score
- 56 / 100
Buyying is very roughly a 20% RoI over renting, so if you own all stock blocks over 20% RoI (~first 20b) then buying makes sense, otherwise you're better renting
Ofc remember that you don't have access to your PI vault (can still buy a palace for such things should you need it), so if that's worth it to you then keep the PI, otherwise at your nw I'd look to sell it and BB it up
can I rent it off you for 100 days?
Selling your PI for a BB wouldn't be worth it, to my knowledge none of them you could afford after the sale would return as much as actively plushie running, and renting would just cost you more money over the long term.
I own my PI, I always encourage others to buy. Mainly because I want access to my vault money at all times. If you ever decide to get a 2nd PI or more, you could always rent those out and make some money that way.
When I sold i was able to buy the FHG block so I considered the sell worth it
Make a spreadsheet and calculate the RoI of each stock BB and compare it to the PI’s RoI (values at the rent you would otherwise pay plus some personalized value of vault access). Then you’ll know whether it is a good trade off.
First of all, what stocks do you have? Do you have investments in the bank? What are your running costs? Do you actively travel? Do you have a spouse with whom you could split the cost of renting a PI?
I have 2bill in the bank, 2 SYB bbs, 1 FHG BB, the one that gives 1mill every 31 days, and I'm working on the grain BB. I follow Colemans spreadsheet so fart I still think selling my PI was worth it.