Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Racing for Dummies

Started by RangoJ [3274633] on in Tutorials & Guides.

0 replies · 116 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 1 / 1 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
1
Discussion span
→
People posting
1
Likes on archived posts
3
Authority score
50 / 100
Historical score
16 / 100
Story score
23 / 100
Engagement score
40 / 100
RangoJ [3274633]

I don’t know much about racing but this has worked for me and I’m on track to reach A-class in just under a month of racing, (technically had my racing licence longer but did 5 long customs to crash and only 5 officials in the first 10 days). Ched hinted at a future update to racing in the latest newspaper though I bet not for at least another year,

 

 “ Are there any features you’ve introduced that have surprised you by their popularity?

 

The popularity of Racing has always amazed me. There’s a great community around it that continues to grow, even though it’s a pretty old system these days. It’s one area of Torn I’d love to revisit at some point when things are a bit quieter. A new S Class, more tracks, and a sponsorship system that lets players earn income from racing - all of that would make for a really fun expansion.”, 

 

https://www.torn.com/newspaper.php#!/articles/2708

 

So now would be a great time to get caught up to A-class and get some racing skill built up.

 

Real quick the rank up intervals for each class are based on racing points achieved, aka 1 for 3rd, 2 for 2nd, 3 for 1st. Each class: e,d,c,b,a takes 0, 25, 100, 250, 475 points, respectively.

My points invested at each class were: 7, 17 ,76, 137, tbd

And number on races at each were: 43, 43, 75, tbd (4/6 wins so far), tbd … for a total of 167 and counting.

 

My strategy was very simple, pick one good car based on faster track times in that class, and then efficient cheap upgrades for tarmac. If you didn’t know the “map pool” in each class is different and prior to reaching b-class I’d only raced 11/16 maps. I will include statistics for my maps in each class to help inform your car choice. Upgrade logic was whatever gave the most stats for low points, I will also include mine.

 

My car choices: papani cole, verpestung insecta, bavaria z8, echo s4, tbd

Price for each class car: 17k, 34k, 289k, 362k, tbd

Number of wins in each class: 4/43 (I was learning still), 14/43, 32/75, 4/6(current), tbd


My maps/upgrades:


17:07:38 - 03/12/24 You used 50 points acquiring a Racing License