Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

A Decade. Cheers.

Started by Proxima [1879587] Wiki Editor on in Achievements.

98 replies · 78 views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 99 / 99 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
99
Discussion span
→
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
35 / 100
Story score
54 / 100
Engagement score
72 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Proxima [1879587] Wiki Editor

Hello!

 

Ten years ago today I was 18 years old. I was sat at home between Christmas and New Year, slipping in and out of a food coma and bored and looking for something to do that didn't involve eating. A friend of mine had messaged me earlier that morning, and I remembered that in secondary school he was always playing some dumb browser game in the library during IT lessons. So I signed up to TORN.

 

I'm a pretty drippy nostalgic person as it is, and thinking back over the decade that followed, just so many things have happened both in and out of the game. 

 

 

 

 

Not sure I've got another decade in me, but there's still some stuff I'd like to achieve in Torn so who knows :)

 

Thanks for sharing over a third of my life with me!

 

<3

Mentions: $1 Trillion in Poker Winnings · 150 / 152 Weapons Maxed - 100% XP · A Halloween Post-mortem · All Weapons Maxed at 100% XP · Battle Stats: The Top #100 · Do you want to be a Wiki Contributor? · Fernando fight everyone dropped out · Give me my mug, Chedburn! (100k karma) · Hollow Point Ammo feat. Fixing Dex? · Mugging rates 2019 - Poll #3 · Refresh the player committee? · The future of Torn Poker · The Torn Fight Simulator · Weapon & damage modifier rework 2021 · Youngest to Level 100

Cheb [876657] Reporter

ngl those academic achievements are insane aswell as your torn achievements in 10 years. what are you currently researching/writing a paper on if you are? if not what was your most interesting paper you have read lately?

Proxima [1879587] Wiki Editor

currently researching a variety of things to do with very short nuclear lifetime measurements, currently writing a paper that I never finished from my PhD on even shorter nuclear lifetime measurements lol. You could say I found my niche

-Beesus- [1959482]

Congrats, Proxima! Some huge achievements there both in Torn and IRL 🥳

 

P.s. I am still salty about this:

 

14:22:49 - 16/08/22 You lost the game of Russian Roulette against Proxima losing the pot of $2,000,000,000 and going to the hospital for 0h 17m