Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Anime?

Started by otetoeinaigay [2857147] on in TV & Movies.

75 replies · 245 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 76 / 76 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
76
Discussion span
→
Authority score
31 / 100
Historical score
23 / 100
Story score
51 / 100
Engagement score
73 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

otetoeinaigay [2857147]

What anime are you currently watching or finished that you REALLY liked? I personally just finished s1 of solo leveling and it's insane, the art, characters, world, setting are all amazing.

ChaosLoki [2864369]

I’m into the old school anime. 

Apart from Tenchi Muyo and DBZ

 

i recently watched Chobits, Air, High school of the dead.

 

*adding anime Beck about a rock band. It’s not the easiest to get into but my passion for music made me love it. 

 

i am a sucker for sad/love stories (not high school of the dead lol) when it comes to anime lol. I get to cry in secrecy unless someone walks in on me then I gotta explain myself lol

 

i am trying to learn about demon slayer next :o

Order [1836572]

Sadly, and embarrassingly I have watched nearly any dubbed anime that you will come across, except those that are completely stupid.   I have been a bit burned out on anime as of late tbh though.  Darling in the Franxx is always one of my fav's, not the best but it's always entertaining to return to for me. 

HauDoILive [2906779]

Finished Sk8 the Infinity a few months ago. Amazing. Very gay. Highly recommend. Currently watching Spy x Family and MHA. The movie Suzume is awesome too. I haven't watched it in forever, though.

otetoeinaigay [2857147]

If you love sad/love stories I would totally NOT recommend (because it really is sad and shocking as a whole) Goodnight PunPun. Basically the main character is a boy named punpun - he is represented as a bird-like creature however the other characters see him as a normal person. It goes through his life, starting from his childhood and concluding to his early 20s showing some really interesting dark twists. He is in a relationship which turns from something innocent and happy to something abusive and toxic. 

Demon slayer is really good, I love the animation 

Order [1836572]

It has less to do with dub vs. sub content and more to do with: 

 

  • I watch/read someone's lips when being spoken to in real life out of habit [not a cognitive or hearing deficiency issue].
  • My devices are typically hooked up to my television, when a sub is playing and something interrupts the show, my OCD kicks in because I have no idea what was just said that interruption tends to cause me to lose my groove.  it also makes it difficult to multitask when I'm reading constantly instead of relaxing or doing other things or watching the pretty colors on the screen (aka animations)

 

 

**TRIGGER WARNING**  Shows are meant to be watched not read! 

 

> SUB VS DUB = most people tend to fall into the subcategory.  so, I am the black Sheep of the anime community.

 

 

otetoeinaigay [2857147]

That's actually a really smart way to watch lol, yes indeed shows are meant to be watched and not read that's why I completely understand you. I personally watch sub because I prefer japanese voicelines however I've watched a few in dub as well and you are quite right, you feel more relaxed instead of stressing over missing a dialogue

MasterFreaky [2794725]

I am really into shonens, and general action animes, ive only gotten into the really popular ones so any recommendations are appreciated!

otetoeinaigay [2857147]

Goodluck. You will need it. Also a small note because I completely forgot to mention it; it's a manga, I'm not really sure if it will become an anime 

Wenno [2757277]

Too many good anime. Currently watching Ragna Crimson which seems really good.

 

Last couple I've watched were Dandadan & season 2 of Oshi no Ko. Both were good in my books. I'm looking forward to season 2 of Solo Leveling starting I think tomorrow? But I'll watch it when it's done airing anyway. 

otetoeinaigay [2857147]

Haha first thing that came to my mind was Solo Leveling. I love everything about it, it's pace, characters, systems etc. I generally am into anime with rpg/gaming elements so I would totally recommend Goblin Slayer, That time I got reincarnated into a slime and Sword Art Online. Apart from these I really enjoyed Berserk (the manga is much better than the anime though) and some classics like Bleach, One Piece and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. 

TouchMe [469890]

I was thinking about i barely ever hear about Kekkai Sensen, while its not the best anime ever its pretty good and it really feels less popular than it should be. 

Ceb [68232] Committee Committee

I just finished One Piece. It was really good. That ending was worth building a time machine and traveling to the year 2050 for. I broke down into tears after that final fight and Zoro sits down and looks up and Sanji says, "That'll do, Moss Head. That'll do."

BurstBoy [3173749]

Been a dry 2024 for anime for me - but did watch Haikyuu all over again and happened to match the timing of the release of the new Anime movie, Battle of the Dumpster (?)

 

+ Haikyuu T-Shirts at Uniqlo!

JakeJrXl [2553858]

I stopped watching anime for awhile and last week I started watching again. I started with Dr. Stone since I didn't finish it back in 2020 and now I just started Monster.