Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

TornPal - Data Aggregation and Tools

Started by Glasnost [1844049] on in Tools & Userscripts.

154 replies · 5.76k views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 155 / 155 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
155
Discussion span
→
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
42 / 100
Story score
58 / 100
Engagement score
89 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Glasnost [1844049] ×1

Glasnost [1844049]

TornPal has now closed. Thankyou for the support everyone has expressed for the project over the months, it was a pleasure, but I think it has run its course.

 

 

 

I am proud to announce, that after a long time lurking around with my tools, dropping hints about what I am doing and giving out sneak peeks with certain event leaderboards, TornPal is now going public.

 

There is still so much to build and add, but I think it is time to start shouting about what it can do so far, and let the community figure out where it best fits into your style of gameplay.

 

TornPal Login

Requires a Torn API key. I recommend using a "Limited" or "Full" key to take full advantage of features.

 

Fundamentally, TornPal hoovers up vast quantities of data, then will try to do useful things with it. Don't worry - your private data remains private though, I do not offer any private information for sale now or ever.

 

Here are some things TornPal already does:

 

 

Did you know you can also earn additional credit to spend how you like by referring users to TornPal? Check out your Account Credit page for more information.

 

I have so much in the works, I am not going to list them all. It is extensive, but to give you an idea of some things on my mind:

 

  • Faction and company recruitment tools, search by almost any metric you can imagine Released!
  • Trader reputation tools - identify who has a history of mugging their trading partners
  • RW analysis tools (ie analyse when your target is at their most vulnerable and their weaknesses)
  • Event log sharing (prove something did/didn't happen doing between two times, without sharing your API key)
  • Custom item market and bazaar alerting
  • Machine-learning powered battle stat predictions
  • Open market for buying/selling losses, spies, mercs and more (always get the best rates between all providers with less fees)

 

 

Some data will become available over my API, take a look at what is on offer already:

 

TornPal API Documentation

 

Anyone is welcome to build tools on top of this API. I just ask that you make as few API calls as needed to get information.

 

 

Weav3r's Bazaar Script

 

If you'd like to see TornPal's bazaar listings in the item market directly to avoid needing to open the website, check out his script below:

https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=67&t=16451791&b=0&a=0

 

Video: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/GxU5YJDl_6E

 

 

 

TornTools FairFight Scouter

 

TornTools has already implemented our FairFight Scouter, originally designed by rDacted, now overhauled and back better than ever! (Original Topic).

 

To activate it, open up TornTools and go to the "FFScouter" menu, and enable it there and in the "External Services" section. This will now show you the FairFight difficulty scores of your target! You must use a Limited key or higher to activate this feature.

 

Once activated, it may take a few minutes before target scores are retrieved, as the system will need to receive your key, calculate targets and then returned them to your script to display.

 

If anyone wants to implement this in your own scripts, tools or make an official version for TornPDA etc, please get in touch.

Mentions: [Script] FF Scouter - fight difficulty indicator · [Ver 4.0] Show Bazaar Listings in Item Market

Glasnost [1844049]

Frequently Asked Questions

 

 

Why should I trust your tools/scripts?

 

I would like to think my community reputation stands me in good stead in Torn. I have been behind a multitude of public data projects on the forums, I have been around on Torn for many years, collaborated with Torn to halt cyberattacks and currently hold multiple titles such as Committee and Reporter (FYI, such titles are not endorsements of TornPal however, and are merely community roles I fulfil).

 

As with everything on the internet, you should never fully trust anything. But I would love to think that I have earned the trust of the community by keep their data safe and developing tools responsibly for the community.

 

I would also remind everyone that misusing API keys or the data they enable access to is against Torn's rules. All requests are logged by Torn too. A misuse of my position would not only be silly, but would likely lead to my removal from many positions and a potential federal jail sentence.

 

 

What API key access level do you require?

 

Some of the functionality on offer will work with public access only. However, for the full set of features, I would recommend using a "Full" key. I appreciate this requires some additional layer of trust, however, we do use a lot of the data we gather for non-headline purposes, such as collecting metrics on new features quickly to help inform people making guides and doing research. Of course data which is used for research purposes like this is anonymised, as my policy remains that we will not sell or share private data outside of the team.

 

 

Your profiles show an estimate stat range - how do you calculate this?

 

When an attack is made in Torn, it creates a "Fair Fight" score. Generally, this lets you calculate a very rough approximation of your opponent's stats. When people use the FairFight Scouter tool or other features in TornPal, one of the collected bits of data is your FairFight scores with other players, which we then use to estimate the stats of your opponent. It is important to note here, that when using FFScouter or TornPal, we do not use your stats to calculate your own FairFight score - only other people attacking you (and using our scripts/services) will cause it to update based on their estimates.

 

This is important to me to develop trust that we are not sharing your private data in any way. The FairFight score you receive when attacked is not private information however, as anyone in Torn could simply attack you to figure this out themselves.

 

 

How do I upgrade to the paid features?

 

Firstly, if you do, thankyou for supporting TornPal. All the revenues earned from TornPal allow me to put more time into developing it further.

 

To upgrade, you will need to follow the deposit instructions available on this page. Once your funds are cleared (typically within 60 seconds), you will then be able to purchase goods and services on the platform using this credit.

 

I should point out that any credit on the platform is technically non-refundable. We will offer withdrawal features in future, but we do not guarantee this for various reasons and to prevent abusive behaviour. So any money paid in should be considered a credit note with no equivalent Torn value, unless we specify we will honour specific withdrawals in advance of the deposit. If we suspect you are using the platform or features inappropriately, we will not permit a withdrawal, transfer or purchase. This is not a "scam", this is a safety feature to prevent me or TornPal being abused by malicious actors. However, 99% of people are unlikely to ever encounter issues with this.

 

 

What are your faction political allegiances?

 

None. Although I am primarily a member of Aquarius, my faction has no control or access to data beyond what the public has. I will not be partaking in any political disputes or using my privileged position to take sides in matters. I do sometimes offer cheaper rates to some factions at my discretion, however this is not related to faction politics, but down to my personal relationships with those factions or its leaders - some of whom have been invaluable in providing feedback and testing during product development.

masheen [2625139]

I'd love a section here that says my income and expenses weekly/monthly/annually and calculate the difference. I used to have a spreadsheet but it's no longer updating properly. If it checks for areas I should do better in etc even better.

OutrightSavage [3009597]

It's entirely possible that i'm retarded, but ff scouter dont show up ?
Do I have to use the same API at TornTools ? Also I sent a dvd and it was accepted but it didnt unlock any features ?

Me confuse :(

Glasnost [1844049]

Premium features are coming the next few days. The funds will be held and be available though so you haven't lost them don't worry.

 

Any limited or full key should work. There is a small bug in TornTools at present which will have a fix pushed at the next release.

Glasnost [1844049]

I'm glad to announce we have now launched the first of our premium features, the bazaar item alert bot!

 

Every time the scanner detects a cheap item, it will now send out a Discord alert to our premium subscribers. No more refreshing pages for the best deals!

 

Subscribe via the website: https://tornpal.com/premium/features

 

 

Glasnost [1844049]

Bugfix pushed today regarding FFScouter. Some extremely high stat values were incorrectly showing as 1.0, 2.0 or 3.0, when the true value was significantly higher. This was due to a misplaced value rounding the number of figures, rather than the number of decimal places. Apologies for that.

 

No user-end action required to receive this fix, and depending on the tool you are using, you should receive refresh values within an hour usually.

Viciously_Grim [2752611]

Bumping for visibility regarding rDacted handover of FF Scouter.

 

I am willing to test FF implementation on Torn PDA for anyone who takes it over.

 

Relevant QA Experience:

 

  • I have 2 years' experience in software QA testing
  • I'm pretty sure CloudJumper groans any time he sees a bug report from me
  • I'm pretty sure Glasnost does too
  • And so does Ata
  • And also Kwack
Glasnost [1844049]

New Feature Releases

 

This evening I have added our second product, a chain list generator. This will help you find the perfect players to target for chaining, or you can also use it as a level list to find the highest level players you are capable of beating!

 

Furthermore, there is now an affiliate system in place. If you refer users to TornPal and they go on to purchase a product from us, you will receive up to 30% of their spend, with no additional cost to them. Check the Account Credit page for your link.

Awesome-O [2356036]

Hello.. 

 

I use kiwi browser as it allows extensions like TT to run...

But when I click enable TornPal in TT with my API key I get an error

 

 

I know there was an issue with external services not working but I hoped tornpal would work

Is it an issue on Kiwi end a d do I need a different browser?

Glasnost [1844049]

Most likely it would be a TornTools error from the look of things. I would recommend posting it to their forum topic to investigate:

https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=67&t=16243863&b=0&a=0&start=2040

 

I can see you have a limited key in the TornPal system (you can view it by viewing your API keys section here) and it has made some successful requests yesterday using FFScouter, so doesn't appear to be a TornPal error from what I can tell.

Mentions: TornTools

DeKleineKobini [2114440] Committee Committee

Issues with TornTools are better reported to us directly, even if TornPal related. However, this one is a Kiwi bug I reported to them in July 2021.

Awesome-O [2356036]

Yeah i remember the post and they said they are not looking at fixing it and is not an essential fix

 

I did use yandex but had a few issues I didn't like

Is there another browser that can be recommended?

Anton [422812]

You're using our api used from players using the Fair fight script to populate data for your market data script?

I've never used the site before just now and yet it says this?

Active Key

Limited Key

jtxP************

Added on 2025-01-17 12:50:52

 

 

 

 

This is what I used today to log in (below):

Active Key

Full Key

WRoG************

Added on 2025-01-19 16:53:40

Glasnost [1844049]

In essence, yes, as described in the help pages: https://tornpal.com/help

 

The platform comes as a whole. The reason that I can provide a lot of the free services, is because the API keys used to power it enable the data collection for a wide variety of sources. Setting up a segmented system for the data isn't feasible with the time limitations I have, and for some may not be desirable. I do not maintain or write any of the browser scripts, but having looked at TornTools it is an opt-in system as I suspect the rest are too as I am aware others use it privately.

 

The system does respond to any changes in API keys, so disabling it will prevent further use.

 

[image: uploads.glasnost.dev]

 

Edit:

Probably a better section to screenshot and add:

[image: uploads.glasnost.dev]