Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Stock mugging

Started by Elysuim [2972877] on in General Discussion.

23 replies · 771 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 24 / 24 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
24
Discussion span
→
Authority score
38 / 100
Historical score
24 / 100
Story score
58 / 100
Engagement score
71 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Elysuim [2972877]

15:17:59 - 12/01/25 You sold 75,539x Torn & Shanghai Banking shares at $1,109.42 each for a total of $83,720,672 after $83,805 in fees

 

15:18:22 - 12/01/25 Someone anonymously mugged you for $8,154,393 sending you to the hospital for 0h 42m [view]

 

I wanted to ask is it possible that there is a script for when players know you have sold stock. 

I know 23seconds passed from when I sold stock to when I was mugged.

 

This has happened at least 6 maybe 7 times in the past 2 months.

 

I don't mind as it's part of the game. 

Just wanted to know.

I know there is a job perk for showing money on hand but I just don't think it is that.

 

Obviously I need to be faster.

Thank you 

 

 

fuck [2669774]

before u delete your api, check for any calls made during that time. if u find something, report it to the staff.

Shooby [2510470]

Reset API and stop trusting third party tools requiring anything more than a public key.

 

Someone in SMTH tried to mug me immediately after selling a large amount of stocks and lost their attack (it had already been deposited anyway).

 

I reported the account since I had access to their name given they attacked me and lost lol.

 

Staffs response: 

Hi, yeah many using script or bots which ping people when someone selling large amounts, those are legal though. Thank you, TornStaff.

Replied to on 01/10/24 at 4:52:30 PM by Torn City Staff

 

re-reported to see if they could answer how they knew it was me and the only thing they said was:

We have investigated this and found no illegal activity at this time, thanks. 

Replied to on 14/10/24 at 7:00:49 PM by Torn City Staff

Robbo [1826175]

Have you ever been in PT?

 

Once is random luck, if you're saying this has happened 6+ times there is obviously an issue, either with api or you're setting patterns that someone has figured out

Wenno [2757277]

Difference here is no bot is gonna ping when some random person online in Torn sells 83m worth of stocks because it doesn't tell you who sold them, the bot would be going haywire all day 

Viciously_Grim [2752611]

Lmk if you get me! 😂

 

Edit thanks for the free/cheap hosping Matty_h. Y'all have to know I wouldn't be teasing Matty_h in the forums if it was easy to mug me. The cheap one was from someone who got some of my trash weapons cash while I was buying out a Bazaar for my noob boxes 🤷‍♀️ Sorry I wasn't selling anything I guess. Shopping is more fun.

Scuba [512975]

OP, for your own financial safety, grave this post.

 

People need to stop making themselves mug targets by posting threads like this or moaning elsewhere about it. Take it on the chin (it can always be worse) and learn to deposit your money quickly, protecting it.

 

Nao has disliked your post.

Nao's money mugged: $22,534,146,299

dunmugmeh [538353]

 I know i can sound paranoid sometimes....

 

anyways i know 100% certain for sure im not paranoid

 

I am 50 and i have played games for over 40 years i am a greatly experienced game player. I know best.

 

They are out to get you. The nerds and their scripts.

 

The bots/scripts are watching, 24/7.

 

You are right to suggest reset API key regulary and to avoid joining 'everything' ie all the outside tools/sites etc which 'help' you in the game.

 

They are looking and watching if they have your API key you could be hurt pretty bad if they have ill intent.