The script (by Kwack) I have installed to update bazaar prices automatically in line with the current market has stopped working, does anyone know why?
are there any other working ones if this isn’t a simple fix?
Started by Archaic [1560293] on in Questions & Answers.
Posts archived: 13 / 13 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
The script (by Kwack) I have installed to update bazaar prices automatically in line with the current market has stopped working, does anyone know why?
are there any other working ones if this isn’t a simple fix?
Mentions: RIP Bazaar API
Hey,
The script was built to quickly sell items on your bazaar by adding it for $5 less than the current lowest price, as this would make it the cheapest option on the market and hence show you at the top of the list.
This functionality makes no sense anymore since bazaars no longer show up in the item market and have to be manually looked up. There's no quick sale on bazaars happening anymore, unless there's something pretty drastic here I'm missing...
The script was converted to an item-market autoprice, which acts the exact same way as it did however it instead it works for the imarket instead of bazaars. This should be working as expected, make sure the script is up-to-date (refresh icon top center, then tap the padlock icon next to the script). It should have automatically been re-named as well.
If you have any other questions regarding the script, please let me know. Thanks!
Ah I’ve got you!
Thanks for explaining, I’m just too blasé to notice things like this on my own
I'm glad to find the answer to my issue. What im not happy about is wasting a week of my life to research, learn, trial and error, and build my own bazaar for it to barely mean anything. I'm filled with anger for this. Torn I want a refund. I'm sure most of us who own a bazaar do. This is absolute horse poop.
It is still the only way you will be able to sell your items without a listing fee in a few months.
the feature not only put it higher up $5 dollars cheaper it saved vast amounts of time and ensured I can have things up at a reasonable price , without spending too long on it, anyway to revert or to implement the feature back ?
This is absolutely not a good idea. Trusting a random person to be "reasonable" will absolutely fall flat in many situations.
The script's history is very easily seen via git(hub). It won't work regardless as the bazaar API has been deprecated and removed - I'd recommend getting a programmer friend to look at the code and modify it to do whatever you're after (likely with the item value, not bazaar prices). It's only ever been a userscript, so you can install a modified version as you could any other script.
This is temporary until February. Once the fees start coming in you can bet there will be better scripts for finding bazaars.
Where is the link to the script? I can't find it on github search or Kwack's post history
While I'm the short-term, this might have made sense, surely it was inevitable that there'd be numerous bazaar scripts created that would essentially reimplement them on the item search pages (which is precisely what's happened)? Therefore, this script still absolutely has relevance.
It wasn't used by everyone for a "quick sale," a lot of people (myself included) used it more as a convenience tool, so we could list the item quickly when we're short of time, regardless of how long it's likely to sit there for, without manually doing the research. This is still very much the case now, especially with the listing fees looming right around the corner, more people are going to turn to these scripts and relaunch their bazaars. Hell, I've been using my bazaar this whole time and, making sales without advertising it. 😎
Simply put, the script still has a place with bazaars. Could there not easily be 2 of them working alongside each other (one for market, one for bazaars)? Genuine question, I normally agree with most of your script-related decisions but, it just seems baffling to completely remove something that still has relevance. 🤷🏻
It wasn't used by everyone for a "quick sale," a lot of people (myself included) used it more as a convenience tool, so we could list the item quickly when we're short of time, regardless of how long it's likely to sit there for, without manually doing the research.
You should be using item value for this then, not the lowest on the market -5 (or -1, etc). Undercutting the market is for a quick sale, not a quick listing.
Simply put, the script still has a place with bazaars. Could there not easily be 2 of them working alongside each other (one for market, one for bazaars)?
Their is no longer a market/bazaar API for the script to hit. It's legacy behaviour is permanently dead. Yes it could be re-coded using item value or item market listings, however I cannot justify spending the time on such changes when the existing script could be modified to suit the same purpose on the imarket.
If you wish to modify or have someone else modify the previous script to serve a different purpose (ie auto-price to item values) then the script's history is very easily available via git(hub). Some scripts may create changes that make this behaviour desirable again on bazaars; if so, they can very easily bundle in the same code inside their own script.
Regardless, the initial behaviour of the script is broken, and I cannot justify spending time modifying it with a completely different behaviour when the original use-case is, at the moment, dead in the water. Sure, maybe we get a solid bazaar lookup at some stage, but then I assume they'll be using their own API for such data.
I do not understand why people disagree that migrating to the imarket was the most logical solution here...
Respectfully, Kwack, please keep in mind that the majority of us - while educated - aren't as familiar with the internal workings of the scripts as yourself. It seems the confusion lies in the fact that most of us didn't realise the gravity of the issue, that the existing script couldn't just be modified to detect the lowest price for an item within the bazaar system. At least, this is from my own perspective, which is why I raised the issue. I didn't realise there was absolutely nothing behind the scenes for this type of script to latch onto, so if nothing else, thank you for clearing that up.
On your point about just using the item value when listing something, this isn't a very good idea, as the value isn't a live reading, so there could easily be 30+ listings lower than it (with potentially hundreds of the specific item listed within those 30+ bazaars,) meaning that it's probably not gonna sell at all that day. Even if I'm not always going for a "quick" sale, there are some things I sell because I do need the cash for something that same day and don't mind selling for slightly less.
Similarly, there are some things that suddenly spike in value, which isn't reflected in its Value chart until later (the recent Dog Treats debacle, for example 😂) which means you'd end up losing money, using just the item value as a price guide.
So, yeah, I take your point about the API and, understand better now why it was dropped at the time. It's a shame, tbh but, I guess we'll just hope something will change regarding this in the near future (torn-wide.) 🤞🏻