Again, let me reiterate. I cannot grab your key magically. You must provide it to a script or anything else you are using, or log into the website, for me to be able to know it. I do not make browser scripts.
So there are 3 possibilities:
- You didn't read their documentation on how the key was used and consequently it would be passed to my service (and therefore how I would use it, which I am clear about in a policy)
- Somebody has stolen your key and submitted it (in which case, make a report and I can provide information about it to staff since requests are logged)
- You logged into the website (which I can see you did log in for the first time today via the web interface).
In all 3 scenarios, you are talking to the wrong person. To stop key usage, you can disable or delete it.
The data collected is public information, it load balances between keys, and on average uses 0.67 requests per key per minute (so less than 1%). Feel free to delete it if not already done so. There is nothing nefarious about this, your private data remains private, and it is done in the knowledge of the admin and development teams too since I have repeatedly discussed it with them and sought approval.
Many of the keys were submitted during Halloween for this purpose. Many more signed up for the website, again with the policy linked in the sign-up box. I have not hidden this fact, and have openly discussed it in several Discords, forums and other places. How the use of a free API service, which uses less than 1% of an allowance, which is purely voluntary and can be disabled at any time, is remotely upsetting I am unsure. Of course I make a profit from the premium services, but most of what I do is public too. And those premium services? You can achieve the same thing using my also publicly available API.
As for the insults, neither necessary or appropriate.