What do you do when you're talking to someone and it's clear you're both interested in each other but now they're interested in someone else?
Question About Relationships
Started by PR_NinjaTurtle [3167997] on in General Non-related.
About this thread
Posts archived: 11 / 11 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 11
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 10
- Likes on archived posts
- 20
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 1
- Authority score
- 39 / 100
- Historical score
- 20 / 100
- Story score
- 42 / 100
- Engagement score
- 55 / 100
Most-liked replies
- DedeSiregar [2430598]
· 7 likes ·
This is I am very direct if I want someone: I will say: Bro I like you. Do you want to be my boyfriend?" This is to avoid confusion. If they say any other things than "yes", I move on. … - Fermion [2691036] Officer
· 1 likes ·
Yeah, if you really do like them, I think telling them directly would be best. Having a heartfelt convo. If they say no, it's fine! You're still friends. If yes, yay! Maybe you just think they like someone else. You …
This is I am very direct if I want someone: I will say: Bro I like you. Do you want to be my boyfriend?"
This is to avoid confusion.
If they say any other things than "yes", I move on.
If they say yes, then we negotiate terms and conditions. What is ok, what is not ok, and the end goal of the relationship (like if this is gonna be short term or long term and how long we want to date each other).
That will be a binding contract for both of us.
If the guy gives me any vague answer, I will end the relationship before we even start.
I have zero problem chasing the guy I want. No problem in initiating the courtship or sex.
I have problems in wanting someone tho. Will take a lot for me to say "yeah Ok I want that person".
If you follow my steps, you will not have this problem in future.
GL
Very simple. You replace them so it's easier to forget about them.
Yeah, if you really do like them, I think telling them directly would be best. Having a heartfelt convo. If they say no, it's fine! You're still friends. If yes, yay! Maybe you just think they like someone else. You don't really know how they'll react unless you ask :D
It’s always tough when someone you’re interested in shifts their focus to someone else, especially if there was mutual interest before. Here’s how you can handle it:
1. Acknowledge Your Feelings: It’s okay to feel hurt, confused, or even disappointed. Take a moment to process those emotions without judgment.
2. Respect Their Choice: Attraction and interest can be fluid, and it’s important to respect their feelings, even if it’s not what you hoped for.
3. Communicate If Necessary: If you feel it’s appropriate, you can have a calm and honest conversation. Something like, “I felt like we had a connection, but I sense your focus has shifted. I just want to understand where things stand.” This can provide clarity and closure.
4. Focus on Yourself: Shift your energy toward things that make you happy and fulfilled. Spend time with friends, pursue hobbies, or set personal goals.
5. Stay Open to New Connections: Just because this didn’t work out doesn’t mean there isn’t someone else who will be a better match for you.
Ultimately, while it’s disappointing, it’s also an opportunity to prioritize your own growth and find someone who’s fully invested in you.
Lol this funny. But aren't all relationships just transactions? Think about it deeply.
"My buddy told me about a book she read. The author said in all relationships because of unequal attraction, there are always two roles adorer (the one who is more attracted) and the adored (and the one who is less attracted).
Both have upsides, it's natural complementarity that sustains relationships and not imbalance or anything.
If both are naturally inclined to be the adored one, then they won't even acknowledge each other.
Because adorer gives up control in exchange of being with one he loves. And adored gets control in exchange of not being with whom he loves."
How the f**k is that not transaction too? Gives love to gain control and gives control to gain love.
Hence I am doing it correctly lol.
Heck if we think about it, then life is just a big trade off. Do good deeds, get good karma. Etc etc etc. No such thing as free lunch I guess
It means they are not interested in you, and you are wasting your time. You got "friended". Nothing will come of it...
Move on that's the only move you got with that.
If they are dating around I guess all you can do is speak up and let them know you want to make it exclusive. If they don't want to do that though the only thing else to do is to move on.
Shoot your shot, just tell them you're interested in them and want to take them out on a date. If they're interested in someone else, it doesn't mean they're not interested in you. You've got nothing to lose by making your feelings known. If they say no, you can move on, or -respectfully- ask again later but don't be pushy. Two no's to a date is likely a definite no. Keep it respectful and if you get a second no, just move on. IMPORTANT: a single no to anything physical is always a definite no.