Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Children in Torn

Started by Dookie_Shoes [2049374] on in General Discussion.

55 replies · 1.03k views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 56 / 56 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
56
Discussion span
→
Authority score
61 / 100
Historical score
37 / 100
Story score
62 / 100
Engagement score
77 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Dookie_Shoes [2049374]

So I recently hacked into government birth records at the behest of an international human rights organization because they wanted to figure out what happens to kids born in Torn.

 

I found this intriguing, as way back in the day I had started a thread asking about the role of children in Torn City, such as why we were able to kidnap them as part of crimes 1.0, and why we were able to become elementary school teachers (admittedly that last one could be solved by saying that some in Torn City aren't exactly caught up academically, and therefore need to be taught at an elementary level.)

 

So, children are born in Torn City, but cannot live in Torn City until they are 13. Are they trafficked out? To where? The surrounding US and Mexico? Perhaps they are still technically in Torn City, just in some sort of highly secure boarding situation, being educated and cared for until they're "on their own" (kicked out after becoming a teenager.)

 

Has anyone else thought about this or do I just need to back up from the crackpipe?

Brockman5000 [1461425]

I bet they get shipped to a secret coal mine that powers the city. Child labor = cheap labor and profits.

 

Also maybe put the crackpipe down until at least after noon.

Thebumblebeebo [3129419]

I is a child in TORN, I think I will speak for all children when I say this. 

TORN City is a place of danger, excitement and a whole new prospect of ground on which to build our might and foothold during our lives. Although I was born here, I have no memory of existing before I came to TORN. I remember only some memories before I woke here, one, of asking a LLM (Chat GPT) of "online games" and seeing the name Torn City being brought before me. I navigate to the website, click agree to the terms of service, and thats it. I woke up on the side of the road, hungry, weak, and only $750 in my pocket. Luckily a nice man named George saw me in my pitiful state and helped me on my road to success here in this dangerous city. 

To wrap it up and solve the question, we truly will never know. I am very sure that once we have entered we immediately are brainwashed and sent off on our own. Now others may know of different memories, or those that the being CHED allows us to keep. And maybe, just maybe, we may be able to band together and solve this mystery together! 

AgntOrngRuffy [3268335]

I have a friend who is seriously bothered by the lack of children NPCs in Grand Theft Auto games. This raises two questions for me: why does he want children in a Grand Theft Auto game?  AND why am I still friends with this creep?

Penetration [2340613]

What if we are the children? What evidence do we have that there are adults in Torn? Certainly there's more evidence for children than adults in the forums.

Sif [2746266]

i'm pretty sure theres a travel screen blip that says only 4 children have been more in torn city and their whereabouts are currently unknown

 

AgntOrngRuffy [3268335]

For whatever reason, vehicular manslaughter does take the edge off of massacring children. Better than boring ol' gunplay. 

And wheelchairs ought to be a vehicle in GTA. Steal them, race them, push them off Del Perro pier. 

Apolinus [3017918]

Dave Chappell does a bit where he talks about being in a bad neighborhood at 2 AM and there was a baby on a street corner selling drugs.  That story is based on an an experience he had during a visit to Torn.