Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Private islands?

Started by 77Ghost77 [3485346] on in Questions & Answers.

9 replies · 233 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
10
Discussion span
→
People posting
8
Likes on archived posts
12
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
64 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
35 / 100
Engagement score
60 / 100

Most-liked replies

77Ghost77 [3485346]

Sorry I'm new here,  and it's probably mentioned elsewhere.   But what's the quickest or best way to get a private island?  

 

Or any advice etc. Is marriage worth it?  What should I focus on? 

MrSleepy [3353934]

Its not worth owning one until you reach around 20b NW because there are stocks with higher ROI than PI rent cost. For example FHG stock costs as much as fully upgraded PI, but gives 1 FHC per week which is worth 12m. If you want to reduce cost then marry someone with max PI and pay their upkeep which is only 300k per day.

irdeadtoy [3205343]

Aruba, Jamaica, ooh, I wanna take ya

Bermuda, Bahama, come on pretty mama

Key Largo, Montego

Baby, why don't we go?

Jamaica

 

Off the Florida Keys

There's a place called Kokomo

That's where you wanna go

To get away from it all

Bodies in the sand

Tropical drink melting in your hand

We'll be falling in love

To the rhythm of a steel drum band

Down in Kokomo

 

Aruba, Jamaica, ooh, I wanna take you to

Bermuda, Bahama, come on pretty mama

Key Largo, Montego

Baby, why don't we go? (Ooh, I wanna take you down to Kokomo)

We'll get there fast

And then we'll take it slow

That's where we wanna go

Way down in Kokomo

 

Martinique, that Montserrat mystique

 

We'll put out to sea

And we'll perfect our chemistry

By and by we'll defy

A little bit of gravity

Afternoon delight

Cocktails and moonlit nights

That dreamy look in your eye

Give me a tropical contact high

Way down in Kokomo

 

Aruba, Jamaica, ooh, I wanna take you to

Bermuda, Bahama, come on pretty mama

Key Largo, Montego

Baby, why don't we go? (Ooh, I wanna take you down to Kokomo)

We'll get there fast

And then we'll take it slow

That's where we wanna go

Way down in Kokomo

 

Port au Prince, I wanna catch a glimpse

 

Everybody knows a little place like Kokomo

Now if you wanna go to get away from it all

Go down to Kokomo

 

Aruba, Jamaica, ooh, I wanna take you to

Bermuda, Bahama, come on pretty mama

Key Largo, Montego

Baby, why don't we go? (Ooh, I wanna take you down to Kokomo)

We'll get there fast

And then we'll take it slow

That's where we wanna go

Way down in Kokomo

 

Aruba, Jamaica, ooh, I wanna take you to

Bermuda, Bahama, come on pretty mama

Key Largo, Montego

Baby, why don't we go? (Ooh, I wanna take you down to)

Abetting [2016807]

Marriage is worth it if you plan to put in the work to hold your end of the deal.

 

Marry someone who already has one and agree to pay the upkeep costs which would be cheaper than renting. 

 

Lightor [2215463] Officer Officer

Moved to QnA

 

The main reasons to get married are property sharing and the 24 awards for commitment (up to 2,000 days). To propose, get a ring and select "Use," then enter in the other person's name.  

 

There are lots of ways to make money in Torn, including crimes, trading, flying, and selling services to other players. There is a great guide to making money on the forums you can read here: https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=61&t=16085195 

Mentions: Kayla's Guide to Making Money for New Players