Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Should I?

Started by Del_Boy_Trotter [3273151] on in Questions & Answers.

5 replies · 110 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 6 / 6 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
6
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
7
Authority score
43 / 100
Historical score
16 / 100
Story score
30 / 100
Engagement score
52 / 100
Del_Boy_Trotter [3273151]

The Eco-Friendly merit was annoying trying to keep costs low but I noticed that I could be a middle man for noobs to make money and sell to people who want the merit faster.

 

The selling price would be $500 per item.

$2.5Mill in total if you want the full 5000.

 

The only problem is demand can anyone tell me its a good idea to do or talk me out of it.

 

Thanks for reading.

 

pestilence101 [445588]

Before the new item market, I sold a handful of these between 4-5m. This was all in 1 item lots, for convenience’s sake. The reason people were willing to buy was because the alternative was individually clicking each item in the item market and buying one at a time.

 

You’ll want to sell a good group of items together, probably 5 lots at the most. You can’t just buy up every cheap weapon and send 5k of those for someone to trash because that would be a huge pain in the ass for your buyer (also for you). It takes a long time to accrue 1k of the same item if you’re bargain hunting. The time it takes to do this isn’t anywhere near worth the money you’d make, especially considering it’s hard to buy very many things under $500 any more. 

 

Also now with new item market and beer being so cheap lately, anyone could just spend a few days buying $700 beer and have the merit for $3.5m. It’s a cheap price to pay for an easy merit.

DonCaesar [2665791]

Which time should i sell my energy drinks?

To be specific, at what time of the year do energy drinks go up in price?

Ans me plz.

Del_Boy_Trotter [3273151]

Hey Pestilence101 you make a good point but i find misc and flower items going for 100-300 usually so if I round up a few noobs wanting some ez grinding they could do the labor and i could buy the bulk off of them.

 

I could pay 400 and sell for 500 and make 500k per customer and the newbs would be happy for the bigger cut of profit.

 

Thanks

pestilence101 [445588]

Good luck getting noobs to do anything, much less reliably and consistently. 😂

 

For more context on my pricing, I bought every item for $150 or less (back when junk items regularly sold for $10-$50). Let’s say average of $100 for ease although that’s high for what I actually spent - that’s $500k spent. Sold for 5m gave me 4.5m profit. Still not worth the sheer amount of time I spent clicking, I just did it because I was addicted (fortunately I hate the new item market UI so I’ve mostly stopped).

 

500k profit is literal peanuts for the amount of effort (which is higher if you’re trying to recruit and manage a horde of noobs). Keep in mind you also have to advertise to find buyers as well, although it’s entirely possible that if you just dump stuff in your bazaar, a collector or another reseller will buy it out without prompting. 

 

If you want to prove me wrong, go ahead and give it a try. I’ll honestly be quite impressed if you can do this and find it easy. :)