Every time I leave my company or faction I get spammed by a million recruitment mails and chags. I know Torn already lets you block chats from people you haven't met, but I still get a shit ton of mails. While a lot of the factions and companies I'm invited to are very nice ones, with a few being places where I've stayed for for a long time, the majority of them are just spam from noob factions/companies that I really can't be arsed with.
Option to hide ourselves from advanced search
Started by s1csty9 [3106264] on in Suggestions.
About this thread
Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 7
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 5
- Likes on archived posts
- 2
- Authority score
- 41 / 100
- Historical score
- 24 / 100
- Story score
- 40 / 100
- Engagement score
- 46 / 100
bump
Nope, horrible idea. A better idea would just be to make it so you can block DMs (if you can't already, tbh I haven't looked)
Could always try making your PFP a sign that says "NO SOLICITING"
You can block DMs but you can't block messages, and the reason why I don't block DMs is because I often get legit DMs from people who the system would've blocked if I had selected the option.
No, also pretty sure most of those people aren't using Advanced Search but rather API calls for workers.
I block DMs when I'm between jobs or factions. Which kind of sucks bc I don't see $1 messages due to the sheer number of events notifications I get on the daily 💀 Perhaps there could be profile flags "not looking for a job" and "not looking for a company" so the API callers could screen people out easier?
I'll still find you.
Speaking of, I notice you have yet to dump your 5k items!