Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

[Script] Gym Stat Build Tracker

Started by kernel_panic [3572165] on in Tools & Userscripts.

15 replies · 1.16k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 16 / 16 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
16
Discussion span
→
People posting
9
Likes on archived posts
34
Authority score
38 / 100
Historical score
25 / 100
Story score
41 / 100
Engagement score
71 / 100
kernel_panic [3572165]

Hello, Torn scripting community.

This is my first public Torn script, but others outside of my faction will hopefully find it useful in your targeted stat build adventures.

 

Latest Version

 

All Versions

 

Introduction: 

 

This UI is designed to help keep track of real-time battle stats and target percentages while you are grinding in the gym.

 

Features:

• Stat display

  • Provides current stats right on the gym page.
  • Provides relative percent contribution per stat.
  • Provides target stat percentage based on your selected build.
  • Provides common builds from the Torn forums as defaults.
  • Allows you to create your own custom stat builds to track against.

 

 • Storage

  • The only data that is stored (via local storage) is your current build selection as well as your custom builds.

 

 • Support

  • Only tested on Chrome, Edge, and Brave thus far (desktop variants) on a 4k monitor.
  • For Edge users, make sure that you have enabled Developer Mode.

 

Bugs:

  • None reported

 

 

Dependencies:

 

 

I plan to add some enhancements in the future as I play around with it more, happy to accept feature requests (please leave in comments under this post and not flooding my DMs/messages).

Omanpx [1906686]

Decent looking script, but what advantages does it offer over what's already implemented in TornTools? I guess the custom builds (not sure TT has that)?

 

Edit: i realised i confused what TT had with a third party script i used... Looking at it again, this does look a lot nicer than that no longer supported one :)

Omanpx [1906686]

Torn tools has specialist gym thresholds built in, the training ratios was some old script floating around i believe. It did work, but was rather basic.

kernel_panic [3572165]

This was iteration 1, but I can adjust the size (I'm on a bigger monitor, so I didn't notice how big it was on other form factors) and make it more pleasant looking. I was going for function over form first.

kernel_panic [3572165]

v0.0.1 is out (linked in top post). Also removed screenshots to de-clutter the post.

 

Changes in v0.0.1:

  • Made buttons smaller/more consistent with one another versus what I've seen in Torn.
  • Matched UI color to Torn gym root component.
  • Removed superfluous text telling you which stats are too low/high (the intent is to rely on colors).
  • Moved UI under gym display so it's not eating up the top of your display.
  • Sizing of UI should now scale with default gym display.

 

Upcoming changes:

  • Will play with other monitor resolutions to make sure everything is just right/consistent across displays.
  • Noticed that sometimes the component doesn't update with your current stats when you hit "TRAIN," so going to look into that.
  • Going to include a "Recommended Gym" per stat/collection of stats based on the gyms your character has access to in order to optimize ROI on your energy investments.

 

v0.0.1 Screenshots:

and

kernel_panic [3572165]

Honestly haven’t used PDA just yet; however, I’m not opposed to downloading it and giving it a shot! Trying to iron out a few quality of life things for the newest minor version here (sometime this week) and then I can prioritize the PDA script (likely this weekend).

Caio [2488372]

I'm not very good at that part but think it currently does not auto-update; if I'm wrong, feel free to correct me, thanks!
But if that is the case, will it go in the future to a site like greasyfork so when you make an update we can get it?