Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Is there any well known level holder?

Started by Kaedynn [3253015] on in Questions & Answers.

23 replies · 424 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 24 / 24 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
24
Discussion span
→
Authority score
66 / 100
Historical score
20 / 100
Story score
39 / 100
Engagement score
69 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Clown [1976780] ×3 Jesus [2013634] ×3 Beerstein [1322136] ×1

Kaedynn [3253015]

I'm training a new player and teaching him how to read stats, xan use, points used, etc to get an idea if someone could be beat. I wanted to show him what a level holder looks like just so he knows, but I can't find a single one in search. Xan use, life, attacks won/lost all pretty much jive with the levels. Is there any well known level holder I could show him? Def don't want anyone who keeps it on the downlow to be posted here cuz it's not fair to be outed like that. But if there's someone well known to most (like how cocky nudist is well known), I'd really appreciate the help. Already showed him a lv 38 who had 14 wins and no xans so showing the opposite would be a huge help. 

 

Thank y'all so much 😊 

flare [2195157] Officer Officer

I believe jesus use to be a well know level holder, but has since quit the game:

https://www.torn.com/profiles.php?XID=2013634

 

As far as I know they were both an ssl gym user and level holder, so definitely a hard one to identify.

 

Another one who is still active is beerstein:

https://www.torn.com/profiles.php?XID=1322136

 

Holds at level 17 and still plays the game from time to time.

Mentions: Beerstein [1322136] · Jesus [2013634]

Scuba [512975]

Realistically you don't need to find level holders, just examples of what appropriate item/drug/refill use looks like based on days played. This way it scales infinitely as they level. Realistically level in and of itself isn't a good inspecting metric and merely hints at player health.

 

Doing so also allows you to see their basic strategies and resources. For example...

 

Someone with 0 (or low) energy cans used is a very different threat than someone with chronic energy can use, especially coupled with drug use. 

 

How many attacks they've laid down can erode the quantity of refills or xanax taken.

 

If they have a lot of revives completed.

 

Game age (some activity may not be tracked prior to tracking).

 

Visible honour, title, awards.

TDup [2660552]

To find level holder, you can check Hof page and check the top players at each level. (Especially level 15)

 

Those are the ones with the most XP, and thus, most likely stronger than they should for that level.

 

[image: i.ibb.co]

Kaedynn [3253015]

Oh my gosh. Doesn't it cost job points to get spy reports (or even torn bucks)? If you did that for this, you went way above and beyond and I way appreciate it. But man, those stats are just mind blowing. Always wanted to see stats that high. Kind of off topic but on: I always wanted to write Mr. RGiskard and ask if I could see what his quadrillion speed stat (iirc it's on speed) looks like, but I'm way too intimidated to do so lol. Not that I think he'd be mean about my asking, but just.... It feels weird being a 'baby stat player' asking one of the god tier players of torn to see his private (actual) stat number. All I know is it's in the quadrillions. Plus he's the leader of Monarch and I don't know if anyone there would get mad at me thinking I'm prying into personal business or anything. I'm content to just look at the stat in the pic you sent and mentally add a few 999's to the end lol. 

 

 

But again, thank you very much. These will be a good visual for the new player (have a few more in my faction so I'll share with them also). 

Kaedynn [3253015]

Those are extremely good points! I never would have thought of them. Helps me also :) 

 

Thanks so much for taking the time to tell me about all of it. You're awesome 😊

Ohadik [424017] Wiki Contributor

Honestly it's not as important comparing level, like someone might be holding, as it is to just compare user stats, this will give you an idea that someone is definitely holding their level. Torntools is great for this. 

 

This is me comparing myself to yourself with the categories that I have set. You can compare any stat you wish, these are the settings that I use though.

 

[image: i.imgur.com]

 

Use the tools that you have available and comparing stats that are unknown can be easier. Like if their Xanax usage is really high, or they do a lot of Energy Refills, that indicates that they might be a hard target to beat. You can also use this on the flipside to maybe target a higher level player. Say they out level you, but their user stats are far lower than yours. There's a good chance that they power leveled to get to where they are and might be much weaker than their level would indicate.

 

Prepare yourself for every fight with a varied loadout, primary weapon focused on a specific purpose, a secondary weapon with another purpose, a melee with another focused purpose. If you're well armed, you can be ready for any situation. 

DieselBlade [1701621] Wiki Contributor

The simplest thing to teach them is just to check rank instead of level. You can't rank hold. 

 

It's also possible to estimate a players stat range by checking their rank, and the rank trigger stats such as networth and criminal offences. Tools such as TornTools and TornPDA do this calculation for you.

TheBaddestDude [3304983]

TornPDA, free high level estimate.

Using Clown as an example.

Yes, rank and awards/merits are quick estimates.

Issue is newbies have not gone through that rank would not know. You cannot know what you don't know.

Torn is an experiential game. I must lose to get better.

 

Fun fact:

Clown's bounty is still there & he is still active. My bs is still bs. I admit that I tried to claim his bounty when I was a newbie 😅. Someone educated me his rank then was a Master & it's in the billions.

 

 

 

Ar53_Hol [2430424]

Clown is very balanced so expect his other stats to be about the same, Jesus has 1.2b dex. I had their spies for a while now, my favourite trick with pda is that it displays spies