If you have unanswered questions, are new to the game and are confused or looking for guidance, just send me a message and ill gladly help out as much as i can! (when i am online of course)
Mentoring Newbies!
Started by NuggSit [3282431] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 13 / 13 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 13
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 9
- Likes on archived posts
- 17
- Authority score
- 59 / 100
- Historical score
- 19 / 100
- Story score
- 35 / 100
- Engagement score
- 60 / 100
Most-liked replies
- Ohadik [424017] Wiki Contributor
· 5 likes ·
1. Cars are used for Racing. Find the Race track in the city. 2. The incognito button is used for anonymous listings. There's a 10% fee associated with using it. 3. Up to 10 items of any value can be … - -Beesus- [1959482]
· 2 likes ·
NICE TRY DERIVATIVE NOBODY IS FALLING FOR THIS BRO 🗣️ See you in FED 🚓 - Dr-Ivative [3611770]
· 1 likes ·
Ok here's some questions; 1. What are cars actually used for 2. What does the incognito like button in the market actually do 3. How much stuff can you fit in a parcel 4. How much money can you fit …
Mentioned in this thread
Derivative [2209422] ×1
Ok here's some questions;
1. What are cars actually used for
2. What does the incognito like button in the market actually do
3. How much stuff can you fit in a parcel
4. How much money can you fit in a piggy bank
5. Where can you get attachments
6. When are we gonna get pets
1. Cars are used for Racing. Find the Race track in the city.
2. The incognito button is used for anonymous listings. There's a 10% fee associated with using it.
3. Up to 10 items of any value can be placed in a parcel.
4. Piggy Bank is an item for safely storing cash. It can be used multiple times and has unlimited storage and cash can be safely deposited inside it, but cannot be retrieved from it either. Once broken open, it disappears and can never be used again.
5. In the mission shop. Complete missions to earn credits to use to purchase attachments.
6. Pets of sorts existed many many years ago (15+) in the form of Dogs. The dogs could be kept as a pet, also fought against other players dogs for money. This feature has long since been abandoned and I know of no timeline for pets being reintroduced.
NICE TRY DERIVATIVE NOBODY IS FALLING FOR THIS BRO 🗣️ See you in FED 🚓
Mentions: Derivative [2209422]
Not Dr. Ivative!
For some cheeky but true answers (since Ohadik already answered them and this is a neat thread that deserves visibility):
1) They're used by Shiny Hoard Avian Team to fill the dump with worthless items during the Xmas event 😂
2) Incognito button allows anonymous listing which is FREE with 5* property broker or car dealer job. This protects you from buymugs unless you have SirJux on your enemy list and have trades/buys disabled by enemies and he sees you list and you're online.
3) Technically 1000 items if individual lottery tickets are counted as items, as you can fit 10 lottery vouchers in one.
4) Less than you'll have it you put it stocks instead.
5) Duke's safe (ie from mission points 🤪)
6) You can get a duck in Christmas Town and it CAN FIGHT OTHER DUCKS
Edit: only downvote is from the guy who ran a Trash to Cash raffle at the same time I ran my Dump Raffle and had the audacity to comment on my thread linking his raffle (rude!). Salty much? I think I netted about $1m from the profits from selling the raffle entry items (the rest of the proceeds went to more prizes!), but technically lost about $20m running the raffle due to accepting some trades from prior to the raffle as honorary entries when the prices for skimmers tanked due to Jimmy finds.
Mentions: [ENDED!] Trash to Cash ($400m Giveaway) · [ENDED] DUMP RAFFLE - 4 DP'S!!!
I have some questions myself now that I think about it!
- How does one choose a stock for overnight money storage?
- How often do flashlight mods drop?
- When is the BEST time to use the Awareness book (I did NOT use it at the best time 😕)
- What should I use my booster cooldown on when I don't need candy or edvds anymore and I don't have the cash for FHCs, and ecans feel like a waste of money?
- Is there a specific spot in the stealth bar (gray bar on attack page) when stealth becomes Highly Unlikely?
- What are the different types of mug bots, and how do they work?
- The one with the best picture. Idk it doesn’t really matter, the market doesn’t go up/down that substantially over a day or two. I used to try to keep 2 stocks running and deposit money into the falling one and draw money from the rising one but that was annoying, and now that I have actual stock blocks I just add/withdraw to a single stock so I don’t accidentally mess up the others.
- Idk I only pay attention to books 🤷🏻♀️
- Any time is the best time because the bonuses are additive. So having all the job perks/merits/educations and doing it over awareness week doesn’t really make a difference, the book itself is what provides the huge boost.
- BEER ALL DAY, keep grinding CE
- I just learned about this bar yesterday 😂 It’s been a giant mystery until I completed the attack as to whether I’ve stealthed or not 😂😂
- There’s that free discord one that tracks people flying from/returning to Torn, presumably you could use it to try to catch people with Caymans bank investments or buymug xanax runners coming back from SA.
No, I successfully asked questions.
Bee-SUS.
😲
💩
The Awareness book should at least be used after Museum degree fully unlocked because if you use it before then you absolutely won't get any pricey museum drops on the map 😭💔 Beyond that I'm not sure what else I should have unlocked before using it. I did unlock the awareness perk max, and the education course that gives awareness bonus.
Ah good point on the museum edu, yeah that one might be worth doing first? Although, it still likely only gives you a tiny bit more of a chance at high value drops, unless there’s some weighting that makes history items more likely to drop.
I still think it’d be most advantageous to just use the Awareness book asap if you’re a newer player and any amount of money would help. If you take that money an invest it towards maxing your bank or buying a stock block, that’s probably worth more over a year than waiting a year to be able to min-max the book for potentially the same gains.
how to get faster job stats?
As beginner, normall job or companies are better?
How to find better job than starter job or find company for newbies?
Thank you!
Buying trains