Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Removed

Started by ApothicAri [2879103] on in Graveyard.

48 replies · 247 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 49 / 49 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Starbreaker [2737884]

Whether you feel like you should or should not be prone to real-world politics is immaterial. It's a text based game, people are well within their rights to discuss politics if they wish - hate speech is obviously against the rules, and there are lines; if you feel like people have crossed them you should be reporting them. 

 

What's more problematic is your response. You look like controlled opposition - trying to force others to adhere to your views, threatening raids, telling people to "suck your girl cock", whilst, I might add, clearly not being very good at the actual game itself. 

 

All these points will merely embolden the rabble, and cement in their heads that YOU and others like you are representative of the LGBTQ+ community in Torn. What you're doing is dealing a quite damaging blow to the very real, already marginalised LGBTQ+ community in Torn. Congratulations. 

pea [3191666]

lol im sorry i admit i didnt read your post fully before posting, but it was a joke mate. report these people and block them :)

MaxHeadRoom [1429645]

tbh i didnt know you were trans until you made a massive thing about it.

 

from observation you seem to be looking for the attention and drama with the content of your messages. You seem to be creating a problem for yourself so you can play the victim.

 

and btw?  99.9% of ppl simply dont care you are trans.

 

 

 

Penetration [2340613]
  1. Literally no one cares or should care what your gender is on Torn. This isn't a dating platform and if it ever does matter, it should be when some sort of positive relationship has already formed.

 

2. The assholes in this game are assholes to everyone. Not just trans women. They will use whatever ammo you provide to hurt you. In your case, you bring your gender or being a minority to light. Thus you care about this. Thus they use it to get under your skin. 

 

3. There are only two ways to appropriately deal with this trash behavior. Report it and ignore it. The second is the most effective as it takes all the power away from the asshole. 

 

 

Tyler_Durden [977323]

Seeing nothing on your profile about you being trans means you volunteered that bit of info, so maybe instead of crying about it try keeping your personal shit to yourself cause no one cares.

Robbo [1826175]

Why do people introduce themselves by stating their gender, its so stupid. 

 

Surely you have something more interesting to mention when first meeting someone than your gender or sexual preferences. 

 

 

Razuvious [2024732]

You are a blank slate profile in Torn....you can either be an anonymous player or create an online persona.

 

Nobody gives a rat's ass about your real life identity, what you identify as, what you believe, or what you look like.

 

The only reason anyone would know any of that is if you told them your real life info. If you make your game about you, you invite criticism.

Scuba [512975]

That's because in Torn you report a player's behaviour, leave it to staff, and just block the person. More often than not, that's the end of it for everyone in question.

 

Seriously, what's confusing about this? Do you really think this thread is going to go your way, or bring more moronic bigots -- or more accurately, often immature edge lords who don't care +/- out to target you? The world won't be cleansed of bigots or immaturity because you took a stand and Torn actively encourages (at best) trolls in regrettably every form. What do trolls feed on? Attention.

 

People may not even know what identities or groups you're part of, and while you don't need to hide, you also don't owe them clarification. If you find that your personal identity is something that is weaponized against you, why offer that ammunition to others? For the principle of not hiding? Give us your social security number, DOB, and credit card information then (seriously, don't).

 

I'm a straight cis man and don't feel the need to clarify shit for people outside of instances like this. People don't actually care about your identity here outside of using it (any identity) to trigger you. I've been called a fag, pussy, and everything else, and I just call them shitty if I find the language problematic, block them, and move on -- I don't make a thread about it. Making a thread just continues a conversation you apparently find offensive and don't want to have.

 

So is this thread helping you? Or them?

Negan [2066105]

There's a big difference between hiding things, and throwing it in people's face. 
I don't give a flying f*ck about sexuality, religion bla bla bla.
I'm neither pro or against, you do you, just don't involve me in it, then I really couldn't care less.

R_N_B [2826203]

sigh, just reading the first sentence, but decided to take a look at discord a bit, then back to torn and reload, and the post is gone

Zomps [3446163]

nothing really special just op complaining about how shes being bullied for being trans when no one knows her gender

ApothicAri [2879103]

Friend, I have stood in senate chambers saying the same things and getting through to old white men who are so stuck in their own ways. I promise you I know what I’m doing. I have had legislators and news orgs lift me up irl. Im publish in the Washington post several times even. 

I am not controlled opposition although with the amount of people who think Soros paid me off irl you’d think I really was. 

I say those comments like”Suck my girl cock” because that is exactly what they do t understand. The ability of someone to have a different body part than they do as a different gender. It’s also a shock factor. Knocks most people down a few notches. In many cases people have laughed and we managed to have actual conversation from it. 

my tactics are unconventional because conventional tactics no longer work. If my bridging of attention hate and bigotry is an issue for the already marginalized community here maybe the staff needs to do better for us.