Shhh, you're already rich 😒 OP said the poor (ME) are getting poorer. Clearly this is true 😜
CANCELED SUBSCRIPTION
Started by zzZ-Eryenne [1661145] on in General Discussion.
Posts archived: 84 / 84 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
I'll like to say I love that torn hasn't increase their prices in so many years. I also want your stuff if you decide to quit 🙂
Yeah under the current system with every bazaar easily viewable and "traders" selling singles of everything and undercutting each other by one dollar, hiding any larger volume listings and snapping up anything undervalue to immidiately relist. Cancer.
Do you really think the best bazaars and most liked in the new systrm will get to those shortlisted spots by selling one item a time or not being priced competitively?
Hi OP. I'm sorry to hear you want to cancel, that's of course entirely your choice.
However it appears your subscription was never actually cancelled...
After reading through the posts here and deciding how little I would desire to deal with the inevitable complaints after your sub renews in the next few days I have gone ahead and cancelled it for you to ensure it's done properly. Thanks.
Thanks Bogie.
Great customer service as always.
You can always contact sellers directly and ask if there's more in the back. Or sit there and camp the market all day and buy it yourself.
Can I have your stuffs?
you mean like we've been doing for the 10+ years I've been playing the game? Yeah good riddance what utter cancer. The only reason people are whining now is because the item market was free and people are feeling entitled over this system.
these so called traders who stalk the markets and hoover all the cheap items to immediately relist for profit aren't as vital to the game as people think they are, they're leeches hurting end users and interrupting the natural movement of prices.
It's cool to vote with your feet/wallet OP.
Oh no my leech income
Can I have ur stuff?
Can you do mine too please, I tried to do it last month but have forgotten my PayPal password because I haven't used it in years. Much appreciated.
Bogie takes no prisoners
Leeches are typically described as people who do nothing for the benefits they receive. What you've described is a lot of time spent doing something for a cut of the profit from a target audience who is, as you say, not you.
Bulk sales is a service in Torn. The question isn't really how much is an item worth, but how much is your time worth?
There is actually a good example of leech behavior in Torn, a few actually, but time-consuming items trading isn't it.
leeches as in providing no value, parasites if you will, hence why they will not be missed and will probably have a largely positive impact on the game should they no longer partake in those activities.
Are you making a distinction between buying in market/bazaars and buying in trade to aggregate items? If so I'm curious what your reasoning is
Trades generally go off current market values, or slightly below, most buy at 95-98% which I think is quite reasonable compared to what we've seen in the past. They also provide a service that can be useful to the player base and there are sacrifices involved, a lot of time self hosped while selling.
Item flippers on the other hand provide no service, they use scripts or just browse the markets, buy all the items listed below value and them immediately resell them at market. I just don't see a good argument that will convince me the game will miss this version of trading.
Trading uses scripts too. I'm no longer sure what you're arguing for or against. Have a good day.
reading the thread might help, my original point was that this change won't increase prices on the item market by 5%, and the only reason prices are held at the moment is due to this flipper behaviour