Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Money

Started by Daddy_Ginge [3494224] on in Questions & Answers.

18 replies · 239 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 19 / 19 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
19
Discussion span
→
People posting
11
Likes on archived posts
18
Authority score
45 / 100
Historical score
22 / 100
Story score
37 / 100
Engagement score
64 / 100

Most-liked replies

Wickedwaze [2858099]

Depending on your stats I would be happy jumping. There are a few stock blocks that are cheap as well. Bank is best if you are not happy jumping or already have stock blocks

HolyFuck [3474044]

WSU stock block is under 100mill. Otherwise I would stock up on xanax, expensive chocolate and points for refills if you're not inclined to do happy jumps.

HolyFuck [3474044]

Yes but there are essential blocks and until you have max merits and a pile of money to invest, bank investments are only going to accumulate so much

OMW [2289608]

WSU stock is essential for 10% education course time reduction, after that I would accumulate 1b-2b in loose cash, merits and maybe job perk before investing in bank.  TCI stock would be very beneficial to have prior to investing in bank as well. All that said, about 3b is required to get real bank profits.

 

-OMW out.

Teo [3001282]

Why not utilize the bank right from the start tho? What better ROI investment are you suggesting instead of it? Loose cash won't generate any money, the bank will help in getting that first 1-2b.

Teo [3001282]

Sure, trading can be good if you put in the work. Still imo a bit hardcore to ignore the bank that long, since it takes zero effort or risk to generate money there. But hey, if that worked out for you then good!

Kaedynn [3253015]

Edu block is I believe in the 90m now. 

 

You may be thinking of the useless edu block that gives a free class. I can see that one being cheap like you mentioned :) 

Emarlite [2441561]

I would completely disagree with your advice given here,

Yes trading can be profitable but can be draining time wise.

According to your personal stats you don't have any real long term experience in trading.

 

Having 1-2bn in loose cash is pointless, it's not doing anything for you.

And waiting until you can afford banking stock before investing depositing in bank is pure drivel. Meaning you woul need almost 4bn before investing. 

 Again according to your personal stats you've not reached this NW amount.

 

Yes, the education stock block is handy, but not essential

If you are active and earning money from RW, short bank investments make perfect sense so that you can add frequently to your deposit.

Even when you've reached 2bn in the bank, doing a 3 month investment is not always the best option!

1 month option can often be $115mil interest compared to $360mil for 3 months.

Its very little difference and taking the 1 month option gives you a chance to free that interest and use it elsewhere to improve your game or NW.

 

I have had faction members that rather than use bank they do daily trading on the stocks market,  this isn't a sure thing like the bank.

 

I do a mix of the above, bank, stock bbs, daily stock shuffling, and buying and selling on item market when I've got a bit more online time.

 

 

As for the OPs actual question,  it really depends on their playstyle.

If your faction supplies what you need, use your faction supplied stuff

With RW prices as they are now you could possibly get yourself a reasonable rifle to help earn more from RWs (less than 100mil)  but that's dependent on your activity and faction during RWs

 

Personally I'd probably do short bank investments whilst I looked at all my options,

Don't rush into something and then think "I've just wasted 200mil"

 

 

OMW [2289608]

sure there's risk in trading but it sounds like all the effort you put into 

 "bank, stock bbs, daily stock shuffling, and buying and selling on item market when I've got a bit more online time."

doesn't sounds like much more effort then trading. Remember with greater risk comes greater reward. Also don't act like these tactics you use don't require capitol.

 

The reason trading is so important is because you can generate money with any NW you don't even need millions to get started. I know you old heads will turn back to trading after ched is done debuffing the income for the endgame players anyway. You will see, once the bazaar directory is operational.