Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Is Cracking Broken?

Started by MikeHawk138 [3514008] on in Bugs & Issues.

2 replies · 25 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 3 / 3 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
3
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
2
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
55 / 100
Historical score
27 / 100
Story score
33 / 100
Engagement score
38 / 100

Most-liked replies

MikeHawk138 [3514008]

It seems that every failure sends me back to no Xp lvl 1.

I was level 3 with one full quarter into it this morning when I broke a password.

Went to crack it and am completely reset to level 1 with absolutely all progress reset.

I have the required education, and can make progress, but even critical failre shouldn't completely reset me, right?

 

I'm not sure if this is just how it's supposed to be, or if if there might be something wrong on my end.

If this is how it's supposed to be, then I'm not sure how anyone is ever supposed to get high enoigh level to start upgrading their rig.

 

Hemicopter [2780600]

Your crime experience is way to low to do cracking. Start with easier crimes, work your way up.

Critical failures do remove crime skill from you, so going down in skill is expected

CloudJumper [1636201]Staff

You lose CE and skill each time you critically fail a crime. If you are being sent back to Level 1 constantly, it is a good sign that your CE is not high enough to be attempting that crime.

 

Thanks!