I try to do all the missions to get books but some missions seem to be a waste of energy, money, time etc. Which missions should be avoided? All the contracts that spawn are hard level missions.
Missions to avoid?
Started by noobjesus [3523897] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 17 / 17 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 17
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 14
- Likes on archived posts
- 18
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 2
- Authority score
- 65 / 100
- Historical score
- 19 / 100
- Story score
- 37 / 100
- Engagement score
- 64 / 100
Most-liked replies
- VladBull [2321305] Committee
· 5 likes ·
You will never "get back" the time missed on the missions and doing them will build you mission credits that can help you buy books and useful stuff faster. If you even get a good book to buy and you … - Viciously_Grim [2752611]
· 1 likes ·
I don't do missions that require slashing or piercing weapons 🥲 Personal thing. The mugging missions are a PITA. I just pay a friend to hold a large amount of cash and let me mug them lol (I return the … - VladBull [2321305] Committee
· 1 likes ·
Yes, they can surely spawn again but it takes a lot of time. And imo you are better off having the book ready and catching dust rather than hoping to see it again when you have the money to min-max …
Personally, I complete all the missions except one - "Meeting the Challenge"
For that one you have to mug players but depending on your level the amount keeps increasing. Last time I checked it was up to $12.8M for me.
If you level hold, it's probably not as much of a problem.
I don't like mugging so I give it a miss. If you don't mind the hassle, you can get around it by calculating the mug amounts and passing a large sum to a trusted friend or factionmate who you can beat. Once you mug them for the required amount they can just pass the remainder back to you.
As a side note, you should be able to manage the attacking missions more easily if you have balanced stats. If you find some of those a bit tricky a Vicodin will usually be enough.
Once you put some merits into stats or get advanced weapons they're a piece of cake. I'm pretty sure they only take into account your base battle stats.
The books and weapon mods are definitely worth the effort.
I do almost all missions. The ones I tend to avoid are the travel missions, but that's because I'm a trader and need to be in Torn to do that. For ones like the Mugging mission you just ask a faction make to let you mug them for the money, it's pretty simple. Some of them can be a massive PITA like having to finish someone off with a Trout, or beat someone with only fists or a hammer, but you can always ask for help from a faction mate to give you distraction bonus or things like tear gas to make it easier.
There are some that just have a lot or targets, and while they take significantly more energy than the other missions, they pay way more mission credits for it. Mods start costing 5k+ at the high end, trying to earn that only doing missions that give 20-30 credits each that will take a long time.
I don't do missions that require slashing or piercing weapons 🥲 Personal thing.
The mugging missions are a PITA. I just pay a friend to hold a large amount of cash and let me mug them lol (I return the mug money)
Speaking of trading, keep track of which weapons are used for missions and stock up on them when the prices are low, because missions tend to spawn for people in batches so suddenly SKS or baseball bats are high in price due to missions or whatever.
You have to pay your friends to help you with the mug mission?
You need new friends dude lol.
to be honest, I do think it will be another 2 or 3 years before I do missions. it eats energy. My energy will go to trains every single drop. that is if I am not in war.
I am not against missions but my priorities is gym gains
that being said, having points for if there is a good book will always be rewarding.
just remember you can read it once.
#buybetterfriends
You will never "get back" the time missed on the missions and doing them will build you mission credits that can help you buy books and useful stuff faster.
If you even get a good book to buy and you don't have enough mission credits, there is no way to speed up the process until it expires, so you'll miss it surely.
Imo you should do all mission that take 1 hit to complete daily, cancel the others for now.
That way you can get the edge for 25 E "wasted" per day. not a big deal imo.
I like to find creative ways of handing my noob friends cash. It's one of my not so secret guilty pleasures.
None, do them all
If you miss a book once, does it not spawn again?
it's random, they can spawn again. I've seen the same book twice in the mission store but it was a useless one so I didn't bother.
Yes, they can surely spawn again but it takes a lot of time. And imo you are better off having the book ready and catching dust rather than hoping to see it again when you have the money to min-max it
I saw the re-read the last book in my mission store 1+ years ago and since now I never saw it again for example.
I'm sure I will get it eventually either trough subscriber awards or mission points or map, but if you need it soon and you don't have enougth points, it's gone for a long time.
I do all of them. Mission credits are worth it, plus with the attacking ones I get to build up my chain list and work slowly towards all the attacking merits, so I don’t necessarily see it as a waste of energy.
Some of these are best saved for a chain/war if you have one upcoming. Like the ones where you just need to deal x amount of damage etc. Or even when you have specific people to attack - if you run out of war targets and there’s an opportunity to do outside chain hits, put them on your mission targets (if your faction has increased stats as a war perk, you’ll find it easier against a tough target).
I regretted accepting this one Immediately, lol.
No one has mentioned special ammo either, which is another great purchase from the mission shop. Missions are absolutely worth it, and you’ll find ways to optimize them. Try stacking three together, and knocking them all out at once. Often they’ll overlap (hosp so and so 14 hours and deal and receive x damage, etc). You can also ask for advice / help from faction mates on missions to make them more doable.
Why? No energy expenditure needed.