Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Pull To Refresh Rework

Started by ZombiebabeX [2517272] on in Suggestions.

16 replies · 53 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 17 / 17 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
17
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
28
Authority score
27 / 100
Historical score
23 / 100
Story score
43 / 100
Engagement score
55 / 100
ZombiebabeX [2517272]

Update the mobile pull to refresh feature into two actions.

 

When scrolling to the top of the page on mobile, reaching the top of the page activates the Pull-to-refresh. This causes unintentional page refreshing.

I am suggesting we update that feature to require a second pull. So that after scrolling to the top of a page, you must pull from the top again to make the refresh intentional.

 

An alternate suggestion would be to allow in the mobile settings sidebar to turn off the pull to refresh.

Ryla22 [2742018]

The devs told me that this bug doesn't exist and isn't worth fixing. I doubt they would. It would definitely be a big improvement to the user experience if they did fix it like this.

 

Soon I'll be uploading a video to YouTube showing off the bug and explaining a bit about how it shows up and possible fixes so I can link it here and on my previous bug report.

ZombiebabeX [2517272]

My biggest frustration with this is when I'm typing something at the bottom of my screen, then I scroll up to the header to reference something, and it refreshes, and BOOM I've lost my entire progress worth of typing. 

Awesome-O [2356036]

This may be a browser issue

 

I use KIWi and I can be at the bottom of the page and roll my thumb down fast and the page stops at the top without refreshing... I have to pull it again to refresh 

ZombiebabeX [2517272]

Unfortunately I'm on the Torn App (Android: 14  App version: 2.2.15) itself. I did ask Bogie if there was a setting for me to turn it off for me personally and he said there was not.

 

That would be so nice if they would duplicate that functionality you have here inside their app!!

 

Thank you for the insight that certain browsers aren't dealing with this. Maybe it might help them make the experience uniform.

NomadXG [2540139]

Agreed. Nothing frustrates me more than getting a bunch of stuff listed on the market and at the last minute i scroll up a little fast and i have to start over with listing. 

ZombiebabeX [2517272]

I've found the screen it bothers me most on recently.

 

The honor bar merit page. I click on an honor bar I have unlocked and I want to read it's challenge, the page auto scrolls to the bottom for change confirmation and when I scroll back up for the pop up text... !BOOM! refresh! And of course with that page when you refresh it, it goes back to your latest awards tab and you get to try again

ZombiebabeX [2517272]

Yeah! Or open a thread topic and it scrolls you down to a random post. Fighting the scroll down and another accidental refresh scrolls it right back down