Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

DA... Doin it the right way!

Started by shaz1 [270923] on in Faction Discussion.

43 replies · 2.47k views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 44 / 44 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

rafikie [3167471]

Yeah I'm helping a faction out with revive contracts atm. They are on bronze 1 and both factions are very evenly matched the first 36hrs they fluctuated 100 +- between them... I give them their dues it's impressive... The war is still going 2days in and now my helped faction are halfway to victory... They might not make a massive profit and they don't mind as they are working on their technique and I've been giving advice as best I can with my limited knowledge so they don't lose too much profit on revives for themselves or the enemy too... (Both factions have less than 15 members) I don't want to take their money as greed.. I took am learning how and what to do and charge for war revive contracts... It's working out fairly well... Not overly profitable for me or them based on the war level but it's good for the learning.

Hot-Monkey [1375654]

Real wars that swing both ways during the war are the best part of the game. 

 

Its just a shame there isn't the mechanics out there to make this style the most money efficient 

SirStabbyStabby [2736720]

Don't know anyone involved but much respect to both sides, can't beat a dirty filthy war even if you're getting your ass handed to you, it's good to give it a go!

PimpChu [1284243]

I truly wish more factions viewed RW the way it’s supposed to be, and the way DA does. 

far too many factions (all ranks, all sizes) view RW’s as nothing more than a boring cash cow to be milked dry, rather than the competitive system it is designed to be.

 

good work DA!

Hot-Monkey [1375654]

We don't do any terms at Stompers and have had some exceptionally fun wars. 

 

The real trouble is we often match the stat likes of JFK/PT main/SA and we literally cannot make a dent even if we were active for 24 hours. 

 

On the flip side we then have some wars that are fairly evenly matched but after 24hrs of back and forth opposition will forfeit once they've hit a desired scored as, again, it's not beneficial to drsg a war out long. 

PimpChu [1284243]

I knew someone was going to come in with “but we do too” lol

 

there are plenty of factions who do, but not nearly enough. Sometimes it’s not about winning, but also about saying “to hell with it” and going out and having some fun. 

the few times we are out matched, we just say “f**k it” and aim for a score we’re proud of, and to hell with the result. 

money is nice, but I much prefer to bash skulls or get my skull bashed with my friends. 

I should say, I don’t mean to say we never deal either, but it’s few and far between, and we make sure it’s incredibly advantageous for us if we do

Hot-Monkey [1375654]

It wasn't meant as a "but we do too" but more to highlight the problems we face by doing it this way (as I'm sure all other factions do). 

 

Stat base wise we are simply not able to compete with on any level. For example against SS and Carbon, there 40-100% range was higher than all our top range so gaining any score was pretty much impossible. 

 

I don't care about the results, like I mentioned a decent war whether you win or lose is exceptionally fun and the best part of torn for me.

Spiider [2884183]

Personally I think this war was better. I was in it and that's what we did.

 

https://www.torn.com/war.php?step=rankreport&rankID=19343

 

But you guys were asking us why we were doing the stuff you are now giving accolades for. Any ways. It's nice to see that people are enjoying real wars.

 

The messages were real.

 

Here is the forum from our war.  Nothing but grief.

 

https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=9&t=16431911&b=0&a=0

 

Deals are nice at Christmas and some holidays.

 

Cheers da. 

zuzurip [2154118]

That was a really fun war for sure,  but I think ODB vs MAOL so takes the crown for best of the year for now. 

 

They fought back against like 15k deficit

-CLOWN- [1606814]

Great to see two factions going head to head.

 

Even better when they praise each other on their performance! 

 

So much unnecessary bitterness and hatred in the Torn world nowadays, respect costs nothing but goes a long long way! 

 

Well fought by both sides and great to see underdogs still going all out instead of turtling and delaying the inevitable.  

 

Respect to both sides here!

Wenno [2757277]

It was a fun war to watch. It really could of went either way in my eyes. On one hand, DA's stat average is so high that quite a lot of MAOL couldn't farm when they're in control but on the other hand MAOL has multiple people with daft amounts of stats in energy jobs to keep them in control. It was entirely possible that without the new day energy it could of swung in DA's favour.

 

GGs on both sides definitely. It was nice to see that MAOL is transitioning away from being a traditional cache farm and is actually trying to be a competitive faction. Saw ~40+ for the first push near the start, which is pretty great. Hopefully they can keep growing so they're not fully reliant on the few insane stat people.

 

Looking forward to see how DA try and fix things if they do. It's clear they have an activity issue like a lot of the grandfather factions.  Hopefully they can shape up, they'd be a real threat with their stats but sadly it seems like the same few people contributing for them in every war. All the best to them hopefully motivating that group.

Simik13l [3193350]

I'm wondering if the devs would ever reconsider putting those scrapped diamond RW tiers back? And put those ranks in every division so it's evenly distributed. I was thinking about mentioning the addition of a new division all together, but why put in extra work to figure out how to jigsaw a new rank into the system, when you can just add another layer? I think the way it is now supposed to encourage the players to be more competitive.

 

But the issue remains that people in Torn don't (always) compete, they collaborate. Collaboration can be fun too, but that's not the intention of Torn City's creator (at least not from my keen observation... You know Captain Obvious? 🤣😜)

BoonieSteep [2947669] Reporter

Great to see the sportsmanship from Westworld leaders. If only other alliances could display a similar attitude, we'd have a great community - sadly, I don't think we've seen any posts like this recently.

pussy [2797641]

that's why 90% of them deal - why effort more when BOTH can make cash 

 

on top of that - stats aren't capped well enough, so people like OP can control a war easily without worry, unless there's someone around their stats to help take them down; and even then, it still takes forever to hurt them realistically 

 

if wars were actually fought, it would need battle-weight where every stat and passive is counted, and we wouldn't have the current rankings and instead a league system would work better - which would still push the top end to fight the top end, like God intended