Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

New image date

Started by damaster [641864] Wiki Contributor on in Questions & Answers.

10 replies · 111 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 11 / 11 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
11
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
11
Authority score
62 / 100
Historical score
30 / 100
Story score
32 / 100
Engagement score
56 / 100
damaster [641864] Wiki Contributor

I see jewelry and some armor has new images!

I record dates and backup images, am normally very ontop of this but was traveling IRL the past few weeks. Does anyone know the exact day the image update was done?

Lantian [3029152]

I'm probably not helping much, but my wild guess is that it's probably only the mods and a select few, data mining players who follow this would know exactly.

 

Edit: Could maybe help someone with knowledge if you listed the items?

Viciously_Grim [2752611]

Jewelry, specifically rings and necklaces were updated yesterday following my bug report that they didn't fit into the image size.

 

https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=19&t=16454375&b=0&a=0&start=0&to=25719969

 

Armor (flak jacket, leather vest, bulletproof vest, and a few others) was about a week ago, sorry I don't have a closer approximation than that. Although some (chain mail, leather pants) were finalized yesterday, with changes to the gear orientation. Leather pants is accidentally locked in small image format right now, im sure they'll update it lol

 

Some enhancers are currently in progress. You'll notice the image sizes change from small to large 2D images as devs tinker with the new images on their end and forget to turn off big image size (dev box item image size affects user side as well even if the 3D image is not rolled out per CloudJumper's screenshot from Aerb).

Mentions: Enhancers 3d images not showing

damaster [641864] Wiki Contributor

Appreciated-- I have started backing up the state of all 1400ish images daily so should be able to catch each change from here on out.

It is extremely unfortunate that the changes started when I was on vacation or I could have been doing this from the first change.

Viciously_Grim [2752611]

Ooof, yeah, and I'm sure not many other people are looking at tons of item images daily 😅 I forgot all about your archive tbh, or I'd have noted the changes down.

 

Issue is the images might not be finalized for a few days after the initial rollout, so the item image might revert back to 2D or change size from the (rotating if 3D) big size to the (static even if 3D) little size and back several times.  And sometimes they change the wrong image like they did with crocuses and golden laptop (theres multiple bug reports on this), or change it and then change it again when the new image doesn't quite fit so they tweak the 3D model orientation to fit (example: jewelry).

 

Currently most of the new images only show big on item market and inventory, but show small in bazaar and display case views. Depends on if dev box toggles are on or off and where. I believe the display cabinet small view is incorrect.

damaster [641864] Wiki Contributor

Im honestly not even tracking the 3d models. The 2d are already almost too much to track for a single person haha. If those are ever tracked, it'll have to be someone else.