Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Newbie question

Started by davidbrownman [3387536] on in Racing.

12 replies · 404 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 13 / 13 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
13
Discussion span
→
People posting
8
Likes on archived posts
23
Authority score
37 / 100
Historical score
26 / 100
Story score
46 / 100
Engagement score
64 / 100
davidbrownman [3387536]

Hi,

 

I'm brand new to racing. I've read a few guides that have been very helpful. However, I understand the races take 1 hour to start, and quite a few minutes to race. But do I need to be online that entire time? Or can I leave and come back for the race?

 

Thanks!

Kokoki [3670056]

Hi, I have been looking for the racing point. But all I can see is my racing skills. Can I asked where can I know my racing point? As I know racing skill and racing point are different. 

thanks a lot. 

pestilence101 [445588]

You can also see your total racing points on your personal stats page. This is what you’ll want to check to see how close you are to the next class, since once you start spending points, you’ll only see how many you have available at the race track. Go to your profile and click on the bar graph icon, and there’s a racing tab - it looks like the racing symbol icon in your toolbar when you’ve joined a race. 

davidbrownman [3387536]

Would it be worthwhile making a dedicated thread for questions like this, small questions that can confuse new racers. The guides are great but leave out some small details sometimes. Plus sometimes various opinions helps. Just a thought.

 

It might help answer some questions that fall through the cracks and or be somewhere we can provide resources for new players, just an easy to access FAQ or sorts with some answers to questions below.

MoRo [3603417]

You can be offline, you can get to the jail/hospital and it won't dismiss you from a race.

 

But remember that you are not allowed to travel while being enlisted for a race.

 

And when you leave official race, you have to wait 15 minutes before you can enlist for another one.