Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

POPS HELD HOSTAGE !!

Started by DickDrilla [2908990] on in General Discussion.

268 replies · 3.71k views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 269 / 269 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

DarthRevan [2836054] Reporter

Damn! Should have asked you for some advice first! 

 

After managing to get  a response from Rifty due to just changing my gender to female, I thought Pops would have been just as easy. 

 

On a totally unrelated note, selling feetpics to anyone called "pops" for a 50% discount 

MUZZA [2440298]

Always sad to see great factions *argue*, I hope you all can resolve this matter. Not too sure I understand the logistics of the money down deal merger, but unfortunate nevertheless.

Fighting along side quids in the war is a highlight of my torn career, all the best, muzzy

Clwee [1492123]

Thanks Muzza! 

I will say, we haven’t fallen though. Our members are strong and we just want to be open and honest with our peeps with what is going on.

 

For it to go public like this though, wasn’t necessary but I guess DD wanted public opinion or karma ^.^

BrandyQHQ [2899416]

Actually my perspective is after last time everything was not transparent at all, it lead to a lot of uncertainty, questions, confusion and hurt. Think DD likely wanted former Quids to see easily ??

BrotherWen [2813636]

No it’s real simple

 

 

I give you 250b today

 

We work together to merge our two factions 

 

Then you give me the 250b back

 

 

It’s a standard deal that makes a ton of sense. 

 

 

Rebel_Virginia [2019680]

So what happened? He bought the faction and just assumed that longstanding members, who had no say in the sale, would just accept him as leader and go along with the changes he was going to make to a community they loved? Then realizing he needed their buy-in then went in on this 'collateral' business with people he didn't really know? Pops' ego really did bite him in the ass if he thought he could have both the 10M shell and the love and loyalty of the people who built it.

Clwee [1492123]

Nope, we wasn’t transparent, but we are being now. 

That was a big conflict between leadership. I am an open book and like to be transparent. Especially, considering this is a community faction and we aimed to not have an “owner”

 

I for one don’t want to speak ill of others in the forums because that is not my style. However, when I tell you we wanted to be transparent, I mean it. We only followed the advice of others based on their experience with Q. 

Unfortunately in hindsight we do wish we had not listened and just was transparent anyway. 

Clwee [1492123]

Oh I forgot to add, for old Q peeps to see is great actually. It’s nice for them to see the goings on as they do have every right to see. 

I was making a joke about the karma ^.^ I say a lot in jest 

The_Magician [2106526]

I don't post in the forums much, but as someone who was a Quid for years until this all went down, I figured I have a few things to say.

TL;DR of the events as I understand them:

1. Jimmy007 Decides to retire, and thinks burning the faction to the ground is the only way.

2. Misakishi, Lewwer, and Luna negotiated merging the faction to Avalon, behind all of our backs.

3. Misakishi convinced them to put up 250B to be paid to QHQ for sale of the faction, if the merger didnt work out.

4. Factions merged to some success, but left a lot of hurt, and mistrust.

That being said. Here we are in present day, and if my reading comprehension is still comprehending, the subtext to the merger was that if the merger did not work out, it would be considered a sale, and the 250B would be considered payment for the faction. 

Merger did not work out, and to be fair it does take both sides to make a merger work, so if one of them doesnt feel like it did, then it didn't. So now Misakishi is taking possession of the 250B, and all former QHQ, have been removed from leadershop and Avaon is free to do what they want, how they want, with the 10m Respect shell they paid for.

If all of that is correct, I think it comes down to what Misakishi does with the 250B. If he pays out the former Quid faction members and faithfully divides that money up so that they can be compensated for their time and efforts making that shell great enough to be sold for 250B then I feel like all this is a very dramatic, and sad, but faithfully executed business venture. If Misakishi keeps it all for themselves and moves on, then it starts to feel more like a scam.

I will say, that while I was very hurt, and frustrated over the situation, most (not all) of Avalon did seem to be trying their best, with an awkward situation. I gained a lot of respect for them during the situation, and hope the figure out a way to make all of this work. Anyone who has had further involvement beyond when I left, please feel free to correct any of this, and or reach out and provide more context.





Apate [2348539]

This I greatly respect you for—but I do think you should have been more wary before trusting those who had spit in the faces of all of QHQ.

 

I truly hope this all works out for you/none of y'all get scammed. I don't like what happened in the first place, but I don't blame y'all from Avalon for it for even a second. <3

Tilted [1694357]

i sure hope nobody poaches me from aqua(PAleader) that would be awful(#1lvl6) As i love aqua and leadership(veryhighstatsforalvl6)

Clwee [1492123]

Hey! 

It is nice to see you in here Magician!! 

Yes, you are pretty much accurate here. Although, the merge has been successful in 99% of the factions eyes. Unfortunately Misa had a vision that was not communicated. 

We asked him multiple times for these metrics on what we can do to improve this and we gained no insight into what his vision was.

 

The trust was there and the funds was to act as an escrow to be returned once trust was instilled from both parties. However, we gave our trust by rotating the leader seat of the faction and nothing was reciprocated. 

6 months down the line we tried to talk about some of the funds being returned for things for the faction. Then, after 3 months of this, we were told the merge was unsuccessful. 

We tried for months to negotiate things and gain what information we could out of this but unfortunately fell short. 

We have been strong armed into BUYING** or it sure feels to be this way :( 

 

There has been no divide among the members and we have even had some really awesome new recruits join our family. We have been upping our competitions and also increasing our armoury. 

It is sad but somehow, these funds need to be repaid because our main aim for this merge was that it had no owners. We as leadership ran it with our community alongside us. This is why we wanted to be transparent because everyone deserves a right to ensure they have a good community that fits their ethos :) 

MaxHeadRoom [1429645]

im not so sure...

 

i also heard shes a garage mechanic and was given an old triumph bike750 to retune BUT shes no good with carbs only injectors and THAT triggered her HRT